What does a bad tweeter sound like?

Can anyone describe the sound....could it be louder than normal?
128x128stringreen
erik_squires....you probably know this, but the crossover and cables have a charge constantly going through them powered by a battery pack that gets changed every couple of years.  The idea is the same as Audioquest cables has. Its actually simple but not really elegant, since the batteries have to be hard wired in the amp, crossover, and high pass filter box.  ...done not often, but when all the batteries come back and installed after being run down a bit, the speakers have an new found clarity and power. It works.....
OMG that was fun huh? Problems with are systems really tests ones abilities. A good learning experience :-)
Stringreen.  So do you think the tweeter problem is due to the exhausted energy of the batteries? I have a pair of Vandersteen Treo CT's with a 2Wq sub. I have the premium M5-HP crossovers which are required to run the sub in my system. I guess what I am saying is, am I going to run into this kind of problem when the batteries run down? What confuses me even further is the batteries have a 2019 exp. date from their factory and Vandersteen writes a 2022 exp. date on them with a sharpie. So is my battery life two more years or five???