Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
@333jeffery Please do bother. And I mean that sincerely. Your thoughts on this topic are important. And learning is a two way street. Can you share more about why you have chosen the speaker placement that you have?

I’m lucky in that my wife hasn’t pushed back on the size of the DIs, their look, or their now better placement out (somewhat) in the room. I know she isn’t crazy about these three things, but has managed to keep her peace.

Ideally, and as many have already similarly commented, I’d have the DIs (and most speakers, but especially those that are rear ported) way out in the room without anything between them. Just two speakers with the appropriate wall treatments to optimize the room. Speakers shine this way. They relax and breathe and open up. It’s like being given a new lease on life and one can imagine them jumping in joy because they are so happy and grateful for it.

Since @james_w514 has agreed to do the against the wall test, I’d encourage you to try your Ulfs out in the room free from the cabinet and walls. Should be easy enough to do and get a feel for what differences (if any) you are able to hear. You’ve got a great system with high end components feeding the Ulfs.

Eric was very clear in his communication to me, and has been consistent in his comments on not needing the DIs that far from the wall. I imagine he feels the same about the Ulfs.

I started closer to the wall and then chose a spot that is a tradeoff but does offer better placement (about 3.5 feet from the front wall). My room remains untreated (still waiting on the renovation to be completed...lots of delays) but I do have very thick and absorbent drapery on two chairs about 2 feet behind the ports.

Like James, I will also test, closer to the wall, when I need to move stuff around in the system. And then with the speakers pulled out into the room much more so than they are now. All this talk on placement has me interested on rechecking now that my system is fully broken in across the board. My experience tells me what the results will be...but I’m open to checking on this possible bias.

[PS. I’ve tried to post a pic of my system in the Agon system page but the handshake with the Agon photo loading software and Google Photos isn’t happening].

Here's hoping Jeffery still wishes to contribute to this thread. It would be diminished if that were not the case. I'd be interested in him experimenting with positioning, if only temporarily so, to report any perceivable changes. Many are aware of ideal positioning, but don't necessarily adhere to those ideals due to practicality. I'm not entirely convinced that he has to do that to thoroughly enjoy the Ulf's. Only one way to find out. 

Thank you Jeff for all of your efforts!
Jeffery, 
Based on the posts submitted  tonight it's clear that people admire your audio system and certainly appreciate your contributions and input to this thread. I truly believe that Teajay had no intention of offending you with his critical but potentially helpful comments. I hope that you reconsider your decision to apparently exit this valuable thread. It is clear to me that you derive much pleasure from your home audio system regardless of speaker placement and or room constraints. 
Charles 
Since I have nothing better to do, taking the measurements of the mini-Ulf into consideration, I mapped out my room for standard triangle configuration.

I’ve got 2.5ft off of the front wall. 2ft off of the side walls. From center to center of the speakers that’s 6.5ft, which is just a hair over Eric’s recommendation. Then that’s 9ft from the speakers to my listening position.

Does that sound good, or is there anything wrong with this?
Hey evolvist,

Yup, you should be good to go!  I would suggest a slight toe-in so the speakers are on the outside of your head.  Both the DI's and the Ulf's gave me the best center fill and image precision with this small adjustment vs straight ahead firing.