Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
That sounds like a very good start evolvist.  As you may know it's good to keep the front wall and side wall different and I agree with toe in as teajay suggested.  Others like Kenny fire theirs with no toe in.

Yes, the DI's and I suspect your new Ulf's will be forgiving of placement but they really sing when well placed.  In my experience if you don't get placement optimized power cords, tube choice all pale in comparison (atleast to my ears)
Jeffery,
I'm with Charles. While the intent was good, word choice might have been better.  I'm sure there is a reason for your set up.  I think some of us get so excited by room placement and what it does for our DI's/Ulf's people did not want you to miss out on what they are capable of.  In any event, I respect that, in the end,  the choice is YOURS.  So hope you stick around.
I have just moved my Impact Monitors a little closer to the front wall (the front of the speaker is 2 feet from the front wall now). Also moved my listening position a bit more out into the room. The mid/upper bass has filled out, the sound is better balanced and the imaging is just as good, if not better. Speaker placement can indeed make a BIG difference-

pawsman
I'm going to come straight out and say that I value and appreciate what @teajay  wrote about speaker placement.

I view Terry's contributions to this thread as a remarkable gift...few reviewers are as active here on Audiogon, and fewer still are as open as he is here on Audiogon. He willingly offers his take on things, responds to our questions and is reachable, if need be, on topics and issues related to, and even those unrelated to, the topic of this thread.

His points on speaker placement  and performance are spot on and helpful and I didn't find his language ill chosen; in fact; I found it sensitive and soft enough.

As I said in my earlier post, learning is a two way street.

Terry, if the opportunity arises and you need to kick me in the you know where...please feel comfortable doing so...the pain will be fleeting, but the learning just may be lifelong!
My two cents gentlemen,
My DIs are FIVE INCHES from the front wall! Is it ideal? No, but I am very happy with the sound I'm getting. The base is not flabby, or boomy, at all. In fact, I sometimes wish I had a little more bass (Usually from poor recordings, though.) I think it is the rare situation to have ideal room dimensions, so we make do with what we have. This thread has been so civilized, for so long. Just wanted to bring it down a notch. :o)