Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
My two cents gentlemen,
My DIs are FIVE INCHES from the front wall! Is it ideal? No, but I am very happy with the sound I'm getting. The base is not flabby, or boomy, at all. In fact, I sometimes wish I had a little more bass (Usually from poor recordings, though.) I think it is the rare situation to have ideal room dimensions, so we make do with what we have. This thread has been so civilized, for so long. Just wanted to bring it down a notch. :o) 
+1 Buds. I don’t feel the similar placement of mine are causing any problems. I trust Eric to know his own product’s capabilities.
And as to the earlier inference that as a vendor Eric may suggest things just to sell more products... two things. First, he has more business than he can handle currently. And second, Eric is not built that way. He enjoys what he’s doing and isn’t in this just for profit. Not by a long shot.
David,
 Very well said.

Bullitt, 
No doubt that your system sounds good with close proximity of speaker and wall. The point is can "good" be advanced to exceptional or even extraordinary sound due to superior  positioning . If "possible" why not experiment with speaker placement and see what happens? 
Charles 
When I initially got my DI's I didn't have much choice as to speaker placement and had them about 2' from the back wall, 2' from one side wall with no side wall on the other side. Not ideal by any stretch yet the DI's sounded very good to me. It wasn't until building a dedicated listening room did I hear all that the DI's had to offer. By bringing them well out into the room the sound really opened up with a much larger and delineated soundstage, better imaging and more detail and air around each note. 

I think what we have here is a case of both sides of an argument being right. Yes, the DI's can sound quite good in less than optimum placement. And yes, they can sound even better given more space and with proper room treatment. For many aesthetics ( or your significant other) don't allow for pulling the speakers out into the room where they might sound best and luckily the DI's will sound very good in spite of the poor placement......but should you ever get the chance to give them the room they perform best in you'll be well rewarded with exceptional sound. 

Whatever your listening environment may allow, enjoy your DI's as much as possible!
Hey everybody,

Just had over for a listening session, Mike Kay of Audio Archon who's a Tekton Design Retailer (now becoming famous for his killer power cords), "audio" Ezra who has on order a pair of DI SE's, and Micheal Wright the excellent staff reviewer for Stereo Times website to experience the ULF's.

They all agree that the ULF's are superlative music makers.  I now have around 30 hours on them and they continue to blossom and open up more.  I'll still stick to my statement that the ULF's have all the power, pop , aliveness of the DI's with a lot more polish when it comes to an overall silkyness/liquidity, tonality, and precision in soundstaging and placement of individual instruments on that stage. They are magnificent!

Micheal took home the demo pair of the DI's to get his take on them in his review system and compare them to his Wilson speakers as was talked about a few months ago on this thread.

Finally, Mike and I are in agreement that we both like, for our personal taste, the 2A3 tube more then a 300B, at least when driven by the Micro-ZOTL preamp.  I never thought I would ever say a 300B would sound anything less then "natural" if it driven correctly, however the 2A3 just sounds more like "real" music and is magical in my system driving either the DI's and now the ULF's.  The 2A3 amplifier is from Triode Lab from Canada.