Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
Anyone wanting speakers quickly and promptly should consider purchasing the Double Impact featured in our standard soft gloss finish (normally black) with the upgraded x-overs. The price is $3300 for the pair and they typically have a 24-48 hour turnaround time. We're building them daily here so that's the way to go if you want things expedited.

Eric Alexander - audio designer

Thank you, Eric. I believe I will stick with the mini-Ulfs. I only grouse because I care. Heh.
evolvist,

I beat you will be rewarded for your patience with some speakers that you will love.
Besides somebody needs to get the mini Ulfs so we can read how good they are.😃

Kenny.
I have talked with Karma at Tekton and you can consider my situation taken care of.
The refurbished Pioneer M-22 I bought arrived today with the morning mail. It is a heavy amp at 48.5 lbs. Its gorgeous!

I setup the Vidar and M-22 on the floor in front of my rack so it would be easy to swap cables and let both amps warm up for 30 minutes. The M-22 dwarfs the Vidar. I started with the Vidar. I set the volume to my normal listening level. Then I went to YouTube, played an 80 Hz tone, and noted the dB level from my listening position. I played a few songs from my "Test" playlist in Roon. Then I switched all the cables over to the M-22 and volume matched using the same 80 Hz tone. I then played those same few songs from my "Test" playlist.

The difference was palpable. I couldn’t believe how much better the M-22 sounded to me. I double checked the volume matching just to make sure that wasn’t the reason for the difference. I am having a hard time isolating the differences because everything about the music sounds better. The music is much more full sounding without losing any detail or clarity. The bass is full and strong yet is controlled and clear. There is no muddiness in the bass. The mids are incredible. The highs are clean and strong without any harshness or brightness nor any roll off. For the overall sound, the word "lush" comes to mind. Maybe a bit "wet" as Marvey defines it. But all the while sounding natural. Don’t get me wrong. The Vidar amp sounds great. But it pales in comparison...at least so far.

I immediately thought that I must be experiencing "expectation bias". What else could explain the significant difference I was hearing?

I decided to setup a comparison session for my wife. She is a guitar player and is very musical. But, she has never paid any attention to audio equipment and thinks I am a little bit crazy buying all the audio equipment I have. I explained that I wanted her to listen to a couple of songs with each amp, not knowing which amp was used, and then tell me which she like better. She said I was wasting my time as she thought she would not be able to tell the amps apart.

I had her listen to two songs: "Gold" by Jonathan Stewart and "I.G.Y." by Donald Fagen. The first song is one she requested and the second is one I think exposes strengths and weaknesses audio systems. I flipped a coin and Vidar got to goes first. She listened to both songs and commented that they sounded great. I then switched to the M-22, volume matched, and had her listen again. About 30 seconds into "Gold" she had me stop the music. She said the second amp sounded far better than the first. I continued the two songs. After they finished, she said she was surprised at how much better the second amp sounded and was even more surprised that she could actually tell the difference. She likened the difference to hearing music live versus on the radio. She told me to keep the second amp, whichever one it was. Funny, she never asked which amp was which.

I have a lot more listening to do. But, if initial impressions are any indication, I will probably have a Vidar for sale soon!
I almost forgot. The gain of the M-22 amp is somewhat less than Vidar as the tube hum is quieter. About 3dB less if measured 2 inches from one of the midrange driver dust caps. When volume matching, I didn't have to turn the volume knob all that much to match sound level. Maybe 3 or 4 steps on the relay. This is surprising to me considering Vidar is 200 watts per channel and the M-22 is 30 watts per channel. The M-22 has more enough power. The volume can go well past extremely uncomfortable!