Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Good to see you- audiojan
it is very tough to beat (no pun) the CS 2.4 speaker. Very sweet and priced right, recently a saw a pair on eBay for $1700, as the dealer offered a deep discount. A steal! Should an opportunity present itself to buy the CS 2.4SE do not hesitate to buy. Models 2.7 and 3.7 are excellent as well.
Happy Listening!
vair68robert,

First, congrats on your purchase!

I'm taken aback by your reporting of all those 2.7s for sale, as I had (and have) been following that market for quite a while and the 2.7s were even more rare than the 3.7s.  (In fact, it took two years to find 2.7s in the finish I preferred).

Was the situation you described recent, or are you talking about seeing those Thiels further in the past?

Thank You Jafant
Since Prof brought up finish , what finish are your 2.4SE's ?

Prof ,  I had seen them on E-bay just before fathers day 2016,
finish was not my main concern , finding New Original Thiel speakers at less than 40% of their list price was a dream come true for me.
I bought my own a fathers day present.
I had the choice of Maple ( to light/blonde for me ) , Walnut ( it was a beautiful veneer but to brown ) , I chose the light Cherry ( safe pick ? ) nice red tone to them.
What were you looking/waiting for ?
If memory serves me ( reading many pages on the thread ) are your 3.7s the Gibson specials ?

As I am trying to find out if " upgrading " the 2.7s like the 2.4s
were upgraded is possible ,
I was wondering if anybody
has heard both the 2.4s and the 2.4se's ?

My personal opinion is that Thiel missed a marketing opportunity ,
they should have come out with a 2.4se without the 
extra cost veneer and the expensive outriggers ,
and come out with a 2.4 mkII , a little more costly but it would have been all about the sound .
That is why when I see the pictures of the crossovers of the 2.7 and 3.7 
( which look like they used the same components )
verse the 2.4se that if it is possible to " SE " the 2.7s then it would be possible to " SE " the 3.7s !
Something good for us and Thiel IF they wanted to offer the service !

Call me Crazy
Rob

something to a little different listen to  
the Temptations   Psychedelic Shack

vair68robert,

My 3.7 Thiels are in the Morado (red finish with deep wood grain).
They are gorgeous, though my room is done in a deliberate brown, cream and black accent, so speakers with those tones tend to sit beautifully in the room.    (I've considered having the 3.7s refinished in a room matching color if I keep them).

As for the 2.7s, a couple years ago when I was looking to buy Thiels I was deciding between used 3.7s or 2.7s.  I'd originally had a line on the 2.7s in the most expensive ebony finish.  The pictures showed just about the most beautiful speakers I've seen, and were a perfect match for my room.  But I hesitated too long and they were sold, so I moved on to purchasing the 3.7s.

When a pair of 2.7s miraculously appeared in ebony on audiogon recently I had to grab them.   And they are indeed gorgeous!  They match my room so well.
Good to see you- prof

it would be on interest to me regarding the number of pairs of both CS 2.7 and CS 3.7 were built? Glad you are enjoying both models. Very fine speakers indeed. 
Happy Listening!