Class D = Trash?

So, I'm on my second class D amp. The first one, a Teac AI-301DA which claimed to use an ICE module, was unlistenable trash. I burned it in for a few weeks, it just couldn't perform, so I sent it back. Following that, I tried the new Emotiva A-300 (class A/B). It was significantly better, but lacking in too many ways for my tastes. So I changed gears, got an 845 SET from China -- and it was an immediate and massive improvement.

So, before I went further down the SET road, I wanted to try a better class D product using a modern class D module. I settled on the D-Sonic M3-800S with the Pascal module and custom input stage. I read from reviews that these things like to have big cables, so I picked up an eBay 8 gauge power cable (Maze Audio, el-cheapo Oyaide copy plugs, braided 4-wire cable) to go along with it.

Mid-range GONE.
Soundstage depth CRUSHED.
Euphonics DISAPPEARED.

Yes, resolution went up. Driver control went up, allowing me to play compressed rock/pop and orchestra with the speakers being able to render it all. But enjoyment in the sound is basically gone. Using my best power cable (LessLoss Original) improved performance, but didn't fundamentally change the amp's nature. I ran back to my headphones (Focal Utopias) to detox my ear canals.

So, how long does a class D need to burn-in? I want to give it a fair shake before writing the technology off forever. 
madavid0
George,

I haven't found the price but they do look the same as the pascal x pro2.Built in universal switching pwr supply with 2 channels,500 into 4ohm.

I would like to see one and compare bit by bit to verify that they are the same,I really don't know much about them.

I will be getting a push pull class a Amp that uses NOS Sony Vfet's built similar to nelson's Sit 2 but has twice the pwr.I have owned or heard the majority of the first watt amps with the exception of both sit's and the F7 the newest one.Should be a very interesting comparison for me.
I would like to see one and compare bit by bit to verify that they are the same,
I would like to know, what a 1 off price is from EveryChina Sanway site
can’t be too much knowing these types of outlets.
http://discosoundequipment.sell.everychina.com/p-99120690-professional-audio-disco-sound-equipment-class-d-modules-for-active-speakers.html

Or even the maybe tweaked version from Denmark
http://www.pascal-audio.com/amplifier-modules.html

Cheers George
I see what appears to be contradictory statements about break in. But you are all basically correct based on my experience.
Teo says if something sounds bad, don't keep it. Well good, but when you find a product that does sound good, what do you do?... Break it in to get the most out of the component.
I agree with Geoff, that very low power, like in interconnects (2 to 6 volts) is not enough. A burn in devise is needed. Don't get too wild here like I've done in the past. Be safe and practical.
Finally, an important factor is time, mentioned by the person taking notes over several months. Also the FM noise is great for burning in tubes. It only takes a couple of hours of the noise along with some music for tubes in my experience.
 So go with a burn in devise, a burn in CD, and music. This will drastically reduce the time needed for full burn in and stabilizing the sound.

Regarding Class D amps: I have heard very good ones, and some that sound like something is wrong somewhere. You just need to listen to a few of them to know. 
I just read this thread from the top and, as one who has only briefly heard a couple of Class D amps in hifi shops, one a Rotel, the other a Bel Canto, the sound wasn't anything remarkable or outstanding.

But the comment I want to make here is that, if I were considering which way to go if I were building a system from the ground up, and I did my due diligence by reading all of the above, the content of this thread would give me pause and would likely steer me away from considering Class D anything.

I'm not reading consistent sonic and utility praise for the format. Why is that?

Hi @stevecham, for a different perspective on class D amp, you might want to read the following thread:

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/class-d-is-just-dandy

There is a rapidly growing number of music lovers are adopting class D amplification and are loving it. Having said that, not all class D amps are able to make wonderful music... But isn't this true of all amplifier topologies?!

Regards, G.