Damping to exitation of parasitic modes of

What is the best material to use as a substrate for making Isolation plinths/platforms, for damping the excitation of parasitic modes of vibration as well as HF resonance? That looks cosmetically appealing as well?
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xjollygreenaudiophile2
I kind of doubt any manufacturer provides transmissibility curves for either damping materials or for components. Vibration Isolation manufacturers sometimes provide transmissibility curves, but only for structureborne vibration, including vibration below 20 Hz, which is significant because below 20 Hz is not only below the standard audio band of 20 Hz to 20 kHz but also because the spectrum below 20 Hz is very detrimental to the sound and by and large not addressable by damping techniques per se. Finally transmissibility curves probably do not apply to induced vibration such as that produced by Transformers, capacitors, motors, CD transports, etc.

jollygreenaudiophile2 OP
I Have never heard anything negative about Shun Mook, so there "should" be something to it. At least I hope so if he's getting my ducky!

I hate to be so judgemental but if you've never heard anything negative about Shun Mook you probably haven't been paying attention. 😀
there are various engineering spec.s for this based on the setup - reputable manf.s should be able to provide them
Ha ha ha, I mean't negative in the context of ; " That cannot, will not work nor have any realized effect at all because it's not in the book and teacher has not mentioned it."
    Old saying; Those whom cannot do, teach.
@jollygreenaudiophile2   Based on your quote above, we're thankful you did not pursue the teaching profession!