Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
jonandfamily...

I think it's a little of both. I'll check my settings on the REL to be certain.  
Post removed 
dlcockrum...

Precisely!  At the low levels I listen at 90% of the time the 3.6's just don't provide what you described whereas, IMHO,  the 3.5's did - thanks in part to the bass equalizer no doubt. This "little" REL has truly made the 3.6's sound better. Not too shabby considering that they're truly remarkably fine speakers to begin with. 

The bass now has that sense of "feel", not heard that you remarked upon. Love it. Thanks for putting into words something I could not. 

jafant...

I saw a couple listed here and wound up somehow on TMR's site on a subsequent search for the VK300XSE. While I would love to have the time sufficient to visit dealers and audition stuff, plain fact of the matter is that I just don't. I buy virtually blind and deaf all the time. Making appointments for a hobby is something time doesn't afford me. 

My previous appreciation for the BAT VK3i preamplifier I had when I had my Pass X150.5 amp was the primary reason for my purchase of the integrated; returning to separates at this time is something I simply do not desire. Thiels make us do crazy things since they hide nothing. I'm a good example. 

The best news is the BAT is arriving on Saturday - just in time for my annual Labor Day Seafood Fest/family get together on Sunday. Much to do,  smoked duck breast, smoked oysters, dumplings fried in the duck fat, raw oysters, various incarnations of shrimp and scallops, veggies up the ying/yang, wine, spirits, brewskis...

Fun on many points. 

Happy Labor Day all!
Always good to see you- William.
TMR does have an impressive inventory on a regular basis. Prices are competitive as well. Other audiophiles in various audio forums I frequent own or have owned the VK300 XSE at one time. Never a bad report given.
Same goes for B.A.T. separates. I rarely read about the mixing and matching of B.A.T. gear though. Some brands are designed to match together w/o interference, I guess? Aesthetix is another company that enters my mind. Enjoy those oysters for me.

Happy Listening!