Amp for Acoustic Zen Crescendo 2 ?

Hello all,
I have these speakers for 2 months now and want to move on to a tube amp of 50 - 60 wpc or so, or a SS amp that fits the bill..  My current amp is an Ayre V-5xe.  I'm looking for an amp to sweeten up the top end and has a midrange that does vocals full and articulate, even if that means colored.  The Ayre is a great amp but I think there is a better match out there.  I'll have to save up for used, under $5K.  I'm especially interested with what actual owners would say, as well as their system specifics, but all comments welcome.  Acoustics and speaker placement are fixed and substandard.  That's just the way it goes at our house.
I'm using a steel arm VPI TT with Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, ARC PH-7 and REF 3.  Thanks.

wlutke
Hi Bill,

Clever idea trying the 0.01 uf cap in parallel with the 0.47 uf.  That would presumably cause the filtering provided by the cap combo to become more effective at the RF frequencies corresponding to the switching that occurs in the output stage.  As you no doubt realize, as a general rule of thumb a smaller cap such as 0.01 uf will tend to act more purely like a capacitor at RF frequencies than a larger one such as 0.47 uf.

And I see no reason to doubt that the improvements you perceived were real.  Perhaps the reason is that the greater amount of RF garbage that was previously being put out by the amp had been finding its way to some other point in the system, or even some point earlier in the signal path within the same amp, resulting in effects at audible frequencies via intermodulation or AM demodulation or other such effects that can cause inaudible frequencies to have audible consequences.  Although I suppose it's also conceivable that the RF had been directly affecting the speaker's sonics in some manner.

Best regards,
-- Al
Update - I've saved up enough for the Line Magnetic LM508IA but I'm afraid I'll not buy a new one.  I contacted Tone Imports for a price, shipped to San Diego.  They forwarded it to a dealer in L A. who emailed me a quote.  I responded that the $424 state tax was a deal breaker whereupon they tried to sell me another product.  I emailed Whetstone Audio with the same question.  Well, the result speaks for itself.  Censored.  

Me: What is the total cost shipped to 92021? Thanks.

Whetstone: $6000 plus shipping. 

Me: Did you mean full retail of $4995 plus shipping? 

Whetstone: No, I meant $6000 plus shipping. $1000 uncharge for shopping out of state which I would pass on to the dealer you’re f***ing over. Your Welcome! Brian 

Me:  I sent the same email to Tone Imports who forwarded it. I never even contacted the dealer, he contacted me. I was exploring my options. I was going to buy at full retail + tax + shipping if your shop couldn't or wouldn't sell to me. I expected a polite explanation, not an angry child. Now, thanks to you, I'm not going to buy at all. It's you who f***ed over that retailer, not me. I'm forwarding this to him BTW. > ***hole.

I rarely rant but this guy sucks donkey balls.
Bill

My goodness,

I would be beyond upset also.
I see really no reason not to be accommodating to a buyer with money in hand.

Best of luck to you,
Kenny.