Rogers LS3/5a question

I am a pro audio guy and know very little about hi-fi stuff. I was at an estate sale today and found a pair of Rogers Ls3's for a VERY good price. They were built in 1079 and the construction is some of the best I have ever seen in a speaker. The problem is that they are 15 ohms and I really don't have anything to power them. I do not want to damage them by hooking them up to something I shouldn't. I would love to hear them and make sure everything works properly. From what I gather from a little research is that the mid-range is incredible. If they are better than my reference monitors I will keep them, if not they will be sold. Thanks for your help guys!
stellastudios
Why do I never read any posts describing LS3/5a's as parts of high quality automotive audio systems? LS3/5a's are the best car audio speakers I have ever heard. Using FLAC files for the source I drive them with JLAudio HD900/5 amps, JL Audio subwoofer, and additional pair of Focal 5-1/4" front door speakers. I have these setups in a Corvette and a Ford F150. The LS3/5a's can be set on the sides of the F150 back seat  and at the extreme rear of the Corvette hatchback. It is scary how good these mobile systems sound. 

On the home front, I also use double LS3/5a's wired in series for 30 ohm load driven by Cary 805C's from the 16 ohm taps. Like the 2012 comment from above, sensational. Using SVS dual subwoofers and an Audio Note Kits Mentor preamp and a PS Audio DirectStream DAC  completes this simple setup. With a quality source as the input, the LS3/5a has an overall sound that I have never heard from any other speaker. It is has an allure that has caught the ears of thousands upon thousands. The sound difference is as pronounced as comparing solid state with tubes. I had a friend recently describe the sound as very lush and detailed without being analytical - Musical. 

Best regards,
Mack

The OP says the Rogers speakers he found were built in 1079. One assumes they are early prototypes.

For information, see http://www.ls35a.com/
The early 15 Ohm models are more popular with collectors and fetch higher prices, even if the later 11 Ohm version is the better speaker. At the time I thought it was the best small speaker on the market, and it is still enjoyable to listen to. Few early models will stil meet the orginal specification (speakers do age). Modern copies have little in common with the real LS3/5a, since the drive units have not been produced for ages.
The modern Hartbeth P3ESR is a distant descendant, and in my view the best iteration of the idea, and far better than the orginal (I have both).
My response is not to recommend an amplifier. You have received a number of good ideas. I want to reinforce not exceeding the 50W maximum power handling. I auditioned the Rogers in 1977 finding the sound wonderful! The seller, an audio engineer, did caution not exceeding 50 watts.Too bad I did not buy a pair then. Enjoy!