Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
Dear @almarg @oregonpapa @nonoise and friends: Even with fuses internal circuit problems can occur and the item could be not protected against it.

My phonolinepream and amp monobloks have internally other fuses at power supply that I don’t touched.

What I did it is to hardwire with the silver Kimber Kable from the regulators directly to the input power supply on each item by-passing too the item input connectors.

I already have this kind of set up for over two years now with no failure at all and I think it will stay that way.

I had more than 40 years in audio and in all those years I never had a problem with internal shor circuit or something similar. The times that a fuse bow-up were for different reasons.

Can I have a problem in the future?, who knows but the rewards are so formidable/outstanding that is worth to take that " non-probable " risk. No fuses can gives that kind of paramount quality levels differences.

@oregonpapa you tested in that ARC that’s a more " sensitive " item to problems than my Levinson monobloks and you never had a problem.

Of course that’s up to each one of us doing what I did.
It’s so amazing that I just can’t come back to fuses, any one. Yes, my risk and is welcomed ! !

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.

Btw, I can´t remember if was on this thread where through a link I read what D.Berning found out with his experiences with high end fuses. Self experiences and from his customers whom sended to him their electronics ( Berning amps. ) to fix it and where he found out that what damged his amps was the high end fuses that does not acomplish the electrical standards. He said in that forum that is a real risk to use high end fuses.

Unfortunatelly I don't have that link but maybe some one can remember it and share with us.
@rauliruegas Thank you for sharing your experiences. Fuses will always be a contentious subject until someone can demonstrate to those who don't believe that they do make a difference. 

One would think by now that all here are on the cutting edge. In fact, we represent mainstream thinking, at best but at least we're heading in the right direction. 😀👉

On another note, I found at another site a discussion on fuses and Lloyd Walker (the Lloyd who makes the Proscenium turntable) recommends that people try aftermarket fuses and try both directions to ensure proper rotational speed in his drive motor. The point is, one can find highly valued perspectives on both sides of this equation and point to them that they support their point of view, so it all boils down to what you hear.

All the best,
Nonoise

Could be that it may take a full 8wks for the paint to cure. There are climate active paints..so why not an acoustic paint.. his patent says there is...without a formula..You could mix your own if there is any basis for that type of coating. The Enabl paint patterns work on speaker fronts and with more calculation they should work on walls. Has nothing to do with P waves.  Tom