Is it the beer or do speakers/electronics really need some extended warm-up period?

To me, one of life's best times are a cold beer and listening to good music.  I have noticed that the longer the listening/drinking session, the better the sound.  Is it the beer or do the electronics/mechanical components mellow out after some burn-in period?  Thought about listening with no beer, but that's not happening.
gvlandin
The last time my system sounded bad, it had been off for 24 hours. I had forgotten about it when I sat down to listen, it had been on already a couple of hours, but ugh. I kept asking myself "why does it sound so bad?" until I remembered.

So, it's not entirely the beer.

This and my really random/erratic listening habits keep me away from tubes.

Best,

E
Had an interesting event courtesy of Music Lovers in San Francisco. I got to listen to the ARC integrated.

First, sounds good. Then over the next 30 minutes or so sounds really hard and grainy, and then it swings back to velvety smooth.

NO idea why.

Best,

E
I don't drink either. Well, I sometimes do but under different circumstances.
Two hours of warming up, after that I don't hear a difference. And I mean not playing anything for two hours. If playing, I can't be certain but I think it improves up to one hour. Mid-level solid state electronics, dynamic speakers, MM cartridge.
Time to play "March of the Self-Confident Audiophile"! 

Sorry, guys, you are wrong. You're living in a fantasy where you can purportedly distinguish between warm up and burn in, and can hear equipment changing in sonics over hours or days. It's great for the ego, not so good for building superior audio systems. :( 

Isn't it reasonable to find that components operate best once they have achieved thermal equilibrium. 

I have experienced that all my systems sound better after 1/2 - 1 hour of operation.