Streaming vs traditional

My son is talking about the "lossless" audio one can stream.  I have a good collection of CD's as well as a couple of TT and LP's with more than than I should invested in both.  (some may say too much, some may say not enough)  Anyway, thought I would come to a relative neutral forum to ask for reviews on the streaming audio.  It kinda reminds me of the Bluray and Betamax wars of years past-no standard version/format yet.  I guess it's relatively in it's infancy with lots of software and format devices on the market.  I love the convenience of CD's and the warmth and ambience of analog.  So-what's up with the streamers?
handymann
Thanks for the input.  I'm referring to hi-resolution streaming.  I believe I read that Spotify is starting to stream in hi-res.  As far as convenience goes, I don't mind getting up to change a CD, as opposed to uploading my collection on a hard drive.  I'm mainly interested in the highest quality reproduction I can get.  Sometimes I get lazy, or if wanting to play at a really high db level, I give in to CD's  I get some acoustical feedback on my vinyl playback, if playing at very high volume levels.  Always looking for the best reproduction I can afford.  As Festus used to say "much obliged."
If you can do it, find someone with a streamer/dac that can unfold MQA files from Tidal. If you are really exploring, just buy the Bluesound Node 2 or Vault 2 and play MQA files and rip CDs for your own library of networked music. I was amazed how much I like the music I was hearing via the Bluesound system of playback.
The Bluesound Node 2 is a good way to dip your toe into the streaming waters ($500), There’s an Auralic mini at the same price. My experience with the Node 2 is that I love streaming but would like better sound quality.

Right now, Tidal streaming MQA is the only big (3,000+ albums and adding) hi-rez streaming operation going. There is a lot of opinion that MQA will just be another failed format, but it has 2 of the 3 major record labels on board and many hardware and software manufacturers.

Tidal also has millions of cd quality albums to stream and, as you probably know, a well done cd can sound better than a poorly done hi-rez recording.

There are probably a lot of albums out there that you would like to listen to once or twice but don’t really want to own, or would like to hear before you buy, and streaming gives you that option. We all buy albums based on reviews or word of mouth and wonder what those people who recommended them were thinking.

I think I read that HDtracks is planning an MQA streaming service also.

So you can give MQA a try now, wait a couple years to see how it pans out, or wait 5 or 10 years for the next hi-rez streaming format to try its luck.
Spotify is apparently planning to follow Qobuz and move up to 16/44, the cd red book standard. That is not high resolution by most people's standard, but it is enough for me. I am not convinced that anything more is actually audible (there are claims, but no conclusive evidence).