Greatest Rock Drummers

Given the subject line many names come to mind such as  Ginger Baker, Keith Moon, Phil Collins and Carl Palmer but, is Neil Peart the greatest rock drummer of all time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSToKcbWz1k
128x128falconquest
The most interesting and fun I’ve seen, has to be the Rhythm Devils (Billy Kreutzmann and Mickey Hart) with the Grateful Dead. The last time was in Santa Clara for the Fare Thee Well tour, both nights. And the more they incorporated electronics the better. I could watch those two play for hours on end.
bdp24, unfortunately I never had the opportunity to see Leon Russell. Yes, Jim Keltner was a solid drummer too but I never saw him play. Not many of these guys around anymore.
Einmensch
i have also played drums for over 55 years and from your list, I would only pick Mitch mitchell and Jon bohnam for very good drummers. If you want the very best, I would say Mike Portnoy. He has won dozens of best drummer awards, been inducted in the hall of fame at an early age (maybe the youngest). This guy is so technical. His kid Max is also pretty good. Ginger Baker was pretty good too but pretty basic. I do agree that jazz drummers are usually very good. Blues drummers and pop music drummers are there to keep a beat and that’s about it. Charlie and Ringo, not good technically, but keep a beat for their kind of music. Mickey Dolenz was a better drummer than Charlie and Ringo and Mickey didn’t know how to play in the beginning.

goofyfoot, Keltner may sometimes appear merely "solid" (as in The Traveling Wilburys), but is much more than that. Ry Cooder arranges his recordings around Jim’s availability, and will not record without him. Listen to his work with Ry and Bill Frisell; very creative and unique playing.

Mickey Dolenz a better drummer than Ringo and Charlie? Wow. "Each to his own, said the lady as she kissed the cow", as my mama used to say.

It appears that many here appraise the abilities of drummers the way athletes are ;-).

+1 For Ian Paice. Excellent and exciting player who is not often mentioned in this company but shouls be. I'll also throw in Tre Cool of Green Day as a great natural talent.