Ugly vs Gogeous speakers

I know speakers should be all about sound but I can't help responding to the look as well and this presents me with a dilemma.

I have owned B&W Nautilus 803's for many years and love the sound and value (excellent sound for reasonable cost). I would love to upgrade but I (and wife) think that the retro Star Wars R2D2 looking speaker (802) is nothing we would have in our living space.

What do others think the best looking / sounding speaker is? Do looks matter to you?

128x128jyprez
A used pair of 
Merlin VSM black magic
Speakers.  You will need 1 extra interconnect. Very sexy speaker.    If you have a sub sitting around 
  Its a great value. Only look at  Black magic VSM 
I actually enjoy some of the B&W loudspeakers and I own the Nautilus 804's in a home theater setup.  For my recent 2 channel system I selected a Wilson-Benesch Vertex.  Extremely pleased with this 2-way and it isn't weird to look at.  Check them out.
Best of luck!
Wolfe_g, my wife is the same.  Although when I switched from towers to standmounts in my theater, she didn't quite care for that.  Her hearing is quite sensitive, but she just doesn't care about audio whatsoever. 
  1. Look for the best in-ceiling or in-walls you can buy, and your wife will love you more than ever before... I guess... LOL
gdhal"Aesthetically speaking, "Ugly" and "Gorgeous" are in the eye of the beholder".
I agree...

IMO. The big Wilsons- ugly
The Vandersteen Quatro CT, Magico, Magnepan- beautiful
Volti Audio- http://voltiaudio.com/vittora/- very, very nice
More to discover