Greatest rhythm sections

The rhythm section in a jazz, blues or rock band provides the foundation and motive force for the entire ensemble. The truly great ones not only establish the band's sonic signature, they can generate new styles. Which rhythm sections do you think have been the most influential in their respective genres, and, or changed the way you listened to music? Please try to limit your selections to groups and not individual musicians as it the ensemble sound I'd like to get your comments on.
siliab
AWB 
Tower of Power
Santana 
Rolling Stones
Queen
Chic
Omar And the Howlers
Fabulous Thunderbirds
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Rascal Flatts

Im a drummer so I am biased but bass and drums are key to all but classical. A good rhythm section is the canvas for the rest of the band. 
Ironically, Black Sabbath gave white musicians a bad name ;-). Terrible. On the other hand, Bonnie Raitt's guys are terrific. The L.A. studio team of Russ Kunkel and Leland Sklar (Jackson Browne, Linda Ronstadt, James Taylor) were as well. Levon Helm said Ray Charles always had the best band, and his classic sides prove the wisdom of that opinion. But I shamefully don't know who they were.
Black Sabbath the first true heavy metal band. Fantastic music.
From England. Those white lads created something different. All great musicians.

So were Uriah Heep, the finest in Heavy Metal.
Paul Newton w/ Ollie Olsson/ Keith Baker/Iain Clark, also Gary Thain w/ Lee Kerslake

Gary Thain the most melodic and fluid bass player in Rock.
Thanks for the Music. RIP