Looking to completely overhaul my preamp section, knowledgeable people needed!

Hi everyone, first time poster here and all that...

I'm looking to do a complete overhaul of my preamp section. I'm currently running a Schiit Modi Uber II as a DAC, a Schiit Mani as a phono stage, and a Schiit Sys as a glorified volume control. This is outputting to an Adcom GFA555 power amp (this will eventually be upgraded to an Odyssey Stratos), then to a pair of LSA 2.1 Signature speakers.

At the moment I am considering a Parasound Halo P5 as an all in one solution or a new Schiit stack (Freya, Gungir) if I stuck with separates, and possibly some of Pro-Ject's lineup (Prebox RS digital). I would like something that is solidly engineered and measures well, but I don't place *perfect* measurements above all else.

To the extent that these components effect sound, I really enjoy a wide soundstage and precise imaging. Low background noise is very important as well. In terms of usability, I definitely would like a remote, solid volume control, and fully balanced inputs and outputs. 

Finally, my budget is $2000 but would prefer to spend less. I would also consider used options. Thanks!!

primarist
+1 for the Mytek Brooklyn, excellent DAC with lots of inputs, MQA support, good phono.

E
Awesome replies! So I'll hit a few points:

Those products I was considering were definitely just preliminary options (having not heard any of them). I wanted to get a conversation, like this one, going to help generate ideas since I was kind of having a hard time narrowing it down.

As far as sources go, I'm currently streaming spotify via my xbox one s as my primary digital front end, and running a Pro-Ject RPM3 with a Sumiko pearl for my analog source. In the future I definitely plan on upgrading to a MC cart, so a built in phono would be nice (but not a necessity). MQA is also nice, however for all my high res digital, I just pull local files straight from my NAS.

If you had any other suggestions *like* the Mytek in the same price range, I'd love to hear them. The more options, the better chance I'll have to demo one. The gist is that I'd basically like a preamp with the similar features to the Parasound, but higher sound quality.
Don’t forget that the Mytek is capable of playing your DSD or other high res files via roon or JRiver. 

The benchmark DAC2 is in the same class, just doesn’t have MQA (for what it’s worth...MQA is still a lossy codec, and may go the way of SACD) but people love it.

and if you don’t mind a slow boot up, and the extra overhead of surround, the emotiva XMC 1 is fully balanced front left/right and has a solid DAC. You can get them used on eBay for 1200 or so every now and then.  Their XSP-1 is their stereo preamp and goes for 1600 brand new.
One other one to consider: you might be able to score a used PS Audio Directstream junior for about 2k. That would be a solid DAC/preamp choice as well. 
If it were me I would replace the separates with separates. Could be done in stages and allows greater flexibility. Possibly get a preamp with phonostage. I currently run a tube pre into a SS amp.