Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Hi Oblgny-

What part of NYC are you in? Your welcome to come by sometime and check out these 3.7s. I’d also be curious to hear your 3.6s with that nice BAT of yours.. I know what you mean by the NASA liftoff sequence getting a little tiring, would be nice to simplify things a bit in terms of the front end gear. 

Arniespin...

Big congrats on receiving the 3.7's safely!  I received my 3.6's from Chicago on a pallet and I was literally watching the weather from start to finish. Cool that you could compare the differences side by side between the 3.5/3.7 too. Enjoy!
vair68robert...

Feh - I've learned to forgive what my room doesn't and just get back to listening to music. 

I dug through my magic bag of speaker cables today and found - to my glee - a 6 foot pair of Goertz Alpha Core Veracity cables that I bought I don't know how long ago. I've had this irking feeling that SOMETHING wasn't coming through with my 3.6's now...something.  Out went the Transparent cables...

I also swapped out the rca ic's I was using with my Sony HAP server, returning to balanced XLR. 

Methinks me hit on a good tweak. 

Arniespin...

I reside in the 'boibs, out on the island in Lake Grove - a town with neither a lake nor a grove in site. What makes up for the lack of namesake is a good little store right around the corner from me, Audio Den. 

It was opportunity that made me jump on the ones from Chicago. I felt they could be the last pair at a fair price - $1300 plus $300 palletized - that I would find "close" to me. Prior I had let a couple of New York ones elude me.  Just hadda pull the trigger. 

I was/remain so damn fond of the 3.5's that appreciating the 3.6's has taken some 'sperimenting.  Today I think I attained bringing out their DNA by swapping a few cables. (Posted a few minutes ago) Mind you, I dug the 3.6's right offa the pallet and outta the box, but there was still SOMETHING not coming forth. 

Methinks it's the Goertz cables mostly. Two feet shorter than the Transparent cables were. 

Damn. Now I'm gonna start pining for a pair of 3.7's...
arniespin,

Congrats on the 3.7s!

"These guys just vanish in an almost spooky way."

Yep, it's really something isn't it?  Pretty much every review remarks on that quality of the Thiels.  And the fact they "disappear" through the entire spectrum, bass being just as holographic as the rest.