What direction is VPI headed?

First let me state that I own a VPI Prime w/perifial ring, SDS, and a couple extra arm wands so I have invested some $ overall, this being my third VPI table, with that said I am a happy VPI customer but here recently have taken a few notes on their constantly coming up with the next iteration of what ever is moving well and I do believe the Prime is one of those. When they came out with the Prime Signature it was hard not to sell and replace with it but I didn't now the Prime Signature Rosewood is gorgeous but at $6,800.00, now when you get to that cost level I started looking used and have seen the prices dropping ridiculously low on a couple of HRX setups with all the extras for  a lot less than that and they still aren't moving. I know there are those that speak of VPIs marketing from time to time but what is going on.
tooblue
Certain brands get bashed on the forums...B&W, Wilson, Mcintosh, and now VPI. Just like on "Mean Girls", everyone talks smack about Regina but at the same time they all want to be Regina. 
Hey all, no worries I won't take any of this as bashing, just a chance to share our goal.  Actually, a lot of it was because originally I was confused by our own product line coming on board.  

*A bit of history, feel free to skip if you have read about this already*

At the end of 2011 when my mom died, I was a school teacher and reluctantly took on the family business.  In the process, I found the love I never knew I had for the industry and my family's company.  However, I couldn't keep track of our own brand because we had over 22 models each being very close in price and build with each other.  It wasn't against anything my dad made just very confusing for me which means it had to be even more confusing for customers.  This started a long transition and learning process for me.  In addition it lead to the decision to focus the brand, not for marketing but for sanity.  The dealers used to have a saying that "no two VPI's are a like."  Which at the time some considered charming but overall can lead to a lot of headaches.  Three years ago when we had our first VPI dealer training and presented this direction the dealers breathed a sigh of relief.

Our direction is to have an easy to understand and use product line of "good, better, best" that has multiple options for the customer to upgrade and grow with their table.

From our FAQ's page:

Q: Can you explain your product line at a quick glance?

A: We have made the line very simple with the idea of “good, better, best” in mind across the whole line.   All products are consistent and locked in to be in the line without any changes!)

Entry Level  
Cliffwood
Player

Production
Prime Scout (good)
Prime (better)
Prime Signature (best)

Reference
Avenger (good)
Avenger Plus (better)
Avenger Reference (best)

On top of that we are in the process of introducing some VPI branded electronics to provide a full solution for that first time user.  As well as having something down the pike for our 40th anniversary ;)

We still have an HR-X as an option but it is visual with no real sonic advantage over an Avenger.  The difference being the Avenger is MUCH easier to tweak, modify, and add tonearms to... a high-end sandbox for someone to play with!  A lot of dealers and customers have been switching for Avengers because they want to easily mount multiple arms for quick cartridge demo or mounting other company's arms without getting too technical.   

Hope that clears up the goal and directions for VPI. :)

-MW

Don't make the mistake of listening to inna.
You can't take him anymore seriously than ebm.

+1
Post removed