What tonearm will better mine?

I have been running a 12" Jelco SA750L with an upgraded Decca Super Gold on a Garrard 401 for a few years. I'm happy with the sound and happy with my pre, power and speakers. (Croft 25R, EICO HF35s, -good tubes, Quad 57).
I keep hearing that my tonearm is a weak link even though it sounds pretty awesome to me. What would it take to replace the Jelco and make a significant improvement? What should I expect to hear better? Would I have to drill the massive plinth? Thanks.
128x128noromance
Yup Harold, the Terminator is a fascinating arm. I have one on order, should be ready maybe later this month. Mine is being made with an uninterrupted run of silver wire from cartridge tags to RCA plugs, a pair of KLE Absolute Silver I just shipped to Vic. Pics on the TransFi site show a London Reference mounted on the arm, which is what I will be using on mine.
I have a 12" Jelco SA-750L, and a London Decca Super Gold, with the DeccaPod, and a Yamamoto "African Black Wood" headshell.

It is the most obviously RIGHT combination that I have ever experienced.
If you do decide on a VPI 3D arm...also seriously consider the 2nd pivot modification.
Hi "noromance",

the Jelco is a very good tonearm as it is.

The above mentioned Ortofon is a Jelco OEM-product and will
not better the one you have significantly.

But you should consider two already mentioned tweaks plus an
extra one:

1. The Ammonite collar is a very fine tuning and will help stabilizing
    the Jelco. If you buy one you should order the M6 screw (serial
    is M5) WITH the nylon tip. That prevents harming the Jelco shaft.

2. For the Decca I would think about a slightly damping of your
    tonearm and using a good ebony headshell from Yamamoto
    or Uwe Bretschneider.
    http://anamightysound.com/shop/headshells-en/uwe-n-o-s-headshells/

3. I have modified my Jelco 12" with a phono cable which goes directly
    from the SME-connector to the phono stage.

With these tweaks my Jelco is in the same league with some of the
best recommended tonarms (Reed, Graham, SME, DaVinci...).
Op, my advise is simple. If you like your sound, don't worry about what the others say and be happy.  Our hobby is endless. :)  Always pushing for a better sound and to what end.  I use a Jelco 750D tonearm on a restored Thorens 160 Super.  It's a great arm, I see no point in spending 2-3x the money to get little improvement.  Trust your ears! Good luck!