Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
Al,
Thanks for that additional information. At roughly 5x the cost the Linn "should" be sonically superior to the Lyngdorf or why on earth would anyone buy it. In terms of features it offers less (most notable its lack of an amplifier) but sometimes more expensive products are minimalist in design intentionally.

It’s really sound quality that’s the overwhelming criteria in an audio product comparison since they’re being purchased to listen to (presumably). Common sense tells me that not everyone will find the Linn better sounding than the Lyngdorf.

In fact there’s the possibility that an equal number or even a majority of listeners could prefer the Lyngdorf despite it being 1/5 the cost (and it is complete with an amplifier). As is always the case, listening encounters will determine which one is preferable to a given listener.
Charles
@charles1dad  

Charles, you are basing your predictions on a Null Set. Therefore, despite the praise from Bill and soon Kenny, the comparative doesn't apply.

These are two products that don't play on the same field...and I'm not qualifying either field as better or worse. And, PLEASE NOTE, I'm not saying they play in different leagues. : )

All we know is that a few members are impressed enough with the TDAI 2170 to give it prominence in their systems.

The only one who has done the comparison is @evolvist

I'm curious about his findings, especially since these two products are unlikely to be compared in one's system.
@lmswjm

As @klh007 mentioned in his post, I do own the Exogal Comet-Plus and Ion. It’s been out of system for some time now and I should bring it back in to get another read on it, especially with all of the other improvements upstream and downstream from this combination.

I recently, for a second time, seriously considered the TDAI 2170 due to it’s flexibility but I ended up deciding that a Pre/Pro was a better choice since I really wanted to build a full on HT system. I then considered the Lyngdorf MP-50 as an option but I wasn’t ready to spend that kind of money on a newly released product that was still buggy, at the time. Then the DIs came along and I abandoned HT to concentrate on 2Ch.

I had originally considered the TDAI 2170 after it was released. It is an extremely capable product and really deserves more press and exposure in the US market.

My reason for bringing Exogal up, a few posts ago, is because of their similarities: their "Very CLEAN" sound; a different and hard to explain (to my ears) "Black" / "no noise" background; and a lack of harshness. My point being that if one is considering Lyngdorf’s TDAI they should also be open to the Exogal Comet Plus - Ion combo.

There are a number of reviews on the Exogal Comet Plus, fewer on the Comet - Ion combo.

I’d start with Doug Schroeder’s reviews over at Dagogo since he continues to use Exogal in his system and for his reviews since.

For me, the TDAI is the better looking component and it offers more flexibility, albeit at a slightly higher street price.

Based on posts here at Audiogon, the Comet - Ion responds to cabling and isolation. Reach out to those posting in those threads for more information.
It would be helpful also if people would better describe the comparisons, instead of "destroys" or "miles better" than said product. That doesn’t do anything for me. Hopefully we can get more info?