Personal speaker evolution

OK, so here is a thread I haven't ever seen here: What speakers have you owned? starting with the earliest, price paid, new/used, and perhaps the models that really impressed you (for the price) in CAPS.

Rat Shack Something or others, $120, new
Fisher Something or others, $280, new
ADS L710's, $550, new
Snell A2i's, $1100, used
BEVERIDGE SYSTEM 3'S, $1000, used
Martin Logan CLS, $1400, used
MARTIN LOGAN SL3'S, $2300, used
pmwoodward
Through the ages:
Started with Kefs
then Gales 401a - beautiful speaker but not great sound
Lectors I think
Then SD acoustics SD1- transparency defined but the ribbon tweeters kept blowing
VR4jrs more integrated than the SD1 and great value for money but I am now searching for the next level and considering Revel Salon, ML Summit, Wilson Sophia, VR5 SE anniversary, Legacy whisper.

Any suggestions for a large room with very high ceilings would be really appreciated.I am out in the sticks and do not have dealers near me for demos.
We all really hear differently. I have friends who swear by Magico, however I have never 'got' them. I have heard them on so many occasions now, but they aren't doing anything differently than many speakers in their price range. I have found the Vandy line for me to just be musical and now by using the Ayre AX5/20, they are on a different level than I've heard them in the past (Treo's). I do want the Quatro badly though. I have liked some of the upper end Rockports, Tidal (the smaller ones), but then I go back to Vandy 7's as my dream speaker.

What are you driving the Magico's with?
Leak 3020 (1978)
ESS Heil AMT-1 (used, 1985)
Martin Logan Quest (used , 1993)
Thiel CS 3.6 (used, 2005)
Martin Logan Ascent II (used, 2010)
Thiel CS 7 (used, 2013)
Cool thread..

Infiniti QB
JBL L-110
Maggie M something..
KEF 104ab
Quad ESL
KEF 101
Vandersteen 3a SIG then 5a with 7 MK 2 on order....
Tom, congrats on those 7's.....What do you run with them? Which dealer do you use?