Anyone else own Flatline 175 ribbon speakers?

The Flatline 175's are six foot tall, ribbon/ dynamic hybrid speakers marketed by Immedia of Berkeley about ten years ago. They cost $4000 when new and only about 30 pairs were sold. My pair is about the last one made and I think it is a fine speaker and I would like to find other owners to exchange info with. I can put you in touch with the maker, who can help you keep them in top condition. If interested, let me know.
rpfef
Do you still own these speakers? I just came across a used pair for sale in a hole in the wall audio store. I did not have a lot of time to audition them, but they were hooked up to a REGA 25 turntable, Carey amp, and sounded pretty nice.
Would be interested in hearing your impressions of them, and what a reasonable price to pay for them on the used market would be.
Thanks.
Tad
coffee_nudge
Very good looking hybrid. I currently have a pair of the Flatline Design Model 175 speakers. They did not really come alive until I went from 75W pc to 250Wpc amps. Great ribbon but the dynamic section could be somewhat better IMO. Any information you have would be helpful. Thanks!
I don't own a pair but a dealer near me (Wilson Audio of New Orleans) almost always has used pairs available in his store. I think they are a great speaker and still hold their own decades later. Just listened to a pair against the Magnepan 1.6QR & 20.1. I'm surprised they've held up so well for Wilson's many clients that have bought and traded them back in over the years. It was in Stereophile's Class B recommended components back in 1994. It's a greatly overlooked speaker design, one of the few that sounds quick like a planar speaker but smooth on the top & still dynamic in the bottom. The different drives types merge together seamlessly. Martin Logan should take a page from the FlatLine Design Notebook. ML never effectively integrated a dynamic driver with their electrostatic panels.

I think it uses the Bohlender Graebener RD75 Planar Transducer that is still available at Parts Express.