Power Cords

I currently have Wireworld Silver Electra power cords with upgraded Platinum plugs. I had two 1M Wireworld Platinum power cords, but rearranged my system and required longer cords. Yesterday I borrowed two Shunyata Sigma NR power cords. On the first note my wife softly said, "that sounds better". She said it was clearer. I listened for a couple hours, changing the power cords a couple of times. In my system and to my ears this is my conclusion:
The Sigma's are cleaner, definitely has more bass, a dead silent and completely black background. The Wireworld cords are more detailed, with a wider soundstage and better spacing/separation of instruments. All things considered I'll keep my Wireworld, but I'm curious to listen to other power cords.
After inserting the Sigma's I just don't understand how anyone that listened to different power cords could conclude that they can't hear a difference. There is a difference, but like any other component the individual has to decide if the change is worth it. $6K for two power cords is relatively expensive. Expensive, but oddly maybe a good value? In my system there was a definite improvement with better bass impact and articulation. Would spending $6K or just changing amplifiers yield similar results? As with most components there are trade-offs...is there a power cord out there that has the benefits of the Sigma's and Wireworld Silver Electra's? If so, at what cost?  
ricred1

Thanks G. Too kind. I guess even a blind acorn will eventually find a squrrel . Although I've done the stringing biz, you are the one who said it.

When I hear something briefly the usual suspects are extension and how close or far apart from naturalness it sounds.

If the sound is sufficiently enticing I’ll be more attentive.

To test drive a new car I wanna buy I’m gonna want to do more than lolly gag around the parking lot, or circle the block with it.

Almost 100% of the time, a second or even third test drive over different roads or at higher speeds, will show me something new, very likely.

I’ve yet to meet the newly introduced system component that never chages its voice after the first day of operation.

Its like dating in some respects.

Perfect behavior on date one. More relaxed on Date two and a tad more familiar. By the tenth date, all bets are off and farting is allowed. Could be sooner than the tenth date, depends on if your’re dating a relative or not. Its best here to think ‘royalty’ not ‘red necks’. But whatever works for ya.

Yeah Rick, its all about what you enjoy. Always. I can’t see it another way actually.

Wires are components, and they are gonna change thru the course of several weeks as to how they sound. Unquestionably.

The only things I’ve found which do not seem to change at all are Isolation gear and room treatments. Neither of which passes electricity oddly enough.

Having the errant and quite annoying desire to buy speakers brand new when able, I can truthfully say if at all possible, DON’T DO THAT!!!! Ever! Lol

Some were very nice out of the box. Then demons infested them. Several weeks or months of prayer and fasting exorcised the demons and the speakers finally atoned for their sinful and sinfilled manners.

Read G’s accounts of his former amps and or speakers, or my own likewise reviews, or those who admit those items are not world class immediately upon connection.

I feel better now. An advisement has been made about the metamorphisis things passing AC DC or low voltage signals will ALL undergo.

The hot soundihng new prospect might be hot at first, until you later find out it was all foundation garments and spanks.

We gotta wait till the make up and well, whatever else comes off before handing them a ring, or kicking them to the curb.

Remember, merely stringing two different PCs together with a nice adapter will decidedly incorporate the attributes of both PCs into the mix. Guaranteed. It also saves from buying a custom quite lengthy and certainly pricey cord as well. Perhaps.

Looking forward to your notes and a satisfying quest.

Why not list your system in this post?

My 2-channel system: Monitor Audio PL 500 speakers, Jeff Rowland 625 S2 amplifier, Jeff Rowland Corus preamp, Antipodes DS GT music server, Chord Dave DAC , JL Audio F112 V2. All inter-connect cables are Wireworld Platinum. Speaker cable is Wireworld Silver Electra. With the exception of my sub, I have everything plugged into the Torus RM20 power conditioner. I use Shunyata wall outlets and my room is treated with GIK products. Everything sits on Stillpoints.
I use the Marantz and HT bypass on my Corus preamp to drive my fronts for surround sound when watching television and movies. I have a ATI 3-channel amp to drive my center and rears speakers. 
The distributer of Monitor Audio in my country now does Torus as well. It is a brand I never auditioned. It looks like you have the right tools to get the maximum out of powercables.

I started to test powercables in 2002. We were NBS dealer at that time and I had the opportunity to test them. I was amazed by the impact of it. But.........I didn't like the fact that instruments and voices became out of proportion. But it was the opener to test many powercables. 

It was always a great experience to test powercables. Most people have no idea how big the importancy is of these cables.

From 2004-2006 I sold Nordost Valhalla powercabels as sandwiches that time. But....they were incomplete and I was already aware of that in 2004.

When you have no idea on which parts sound is being formed it is impossible to choose the right and best option.

I used 3 AQ NRG-1000 powercables for each a separate powersupply. When I replaced them by the Hurricane it brought me to a new level in sound and quality.

When AQ does the official release I will write a review in details what makes them different and superior to the old ones. 

Soon we will talk with different manufacturers about surround. We can bring cinemas as well to a new and mich higher level in real 3D sound.

We reached a level where we can proof that the stage is at a new holographic 3D stage. The stage is 4 metres behind the center en front loudspeakers.

With Avatar we are able to create a height at 2.5m on the rearspeakers. These speakers are at about 1.1 metre. 

You only can create real 3D sound when the loudspeakers, amps and sources own the DNA to create it. 

Our Strealth low frequency will bring the subwoofer to a much more important level in both stereo and surround.

In surround mode it can bring the energy where is it at the recording. From our seat there are movies where you can feel that the energy of the low frequencies can be felt at about 2 metres high.

We want to show the world what real 3D sound is. And with vision we can do the same. We invited the people of LG to our place. They never auditioned the level in details and 3D image ever. Also in Korea at LG they didn't experience the level we demoed to them.

We create both sound and vision, based on the fact that we use all the properties on which they are being formed. This creates a superior level in realism of both sound&vision.

Hi BlindJim, your non-PC dating metaphores are delightfully refreshing.

BO1972: Your observations on Hurricane wires are food for thought, although I was hoping for a sober discussion of relative differences in audible properties, rather than an acrimonius disquisition of metallurgies and wire gages. Regardless, unalloyed brand-bashing is unattractive... Furthermore, the messianic leaves me cold. 

G.