Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
In the history of audio audiophiles have always found ways to modify great low price gear
to fit there personal taste. Magnepan ,Hafler to name a few.I am very happy with my standard
Di's optioning to upgrade gear upstream,but the beat goes on.
Hey muzikmann,

If you go back and read some of the exchanges regarding personal taste, synergy, placement of speakers and matching up different upstream gear to tune the DI's, you will see that this so-called "issue", is a non-issue, has been addressed already. 

Yes, I have opinions, based on wide spread actual experience with SS or tube gear driving the DI's.  Someone called me a McIntosh hater because I never liked the house sound of this companies gear.  I never attacked on a personal basis anyone on this thread.  I have clearly disagreed with others, but respectfully so.

To answer your question of course I can ask anybody respectfully regrading what they drive their DI's with because what they might think is a shortcoming of the speaker is really a possible flaw in their upstream gear. 

By the way, what's your direct experience with the DI's?  You seem to come across strongly regrading my opinions, what's your take on the DI's? 

@grannyring

Maybe another thread should be started, but what parts would you recommend specifically to upgrade the $3300 DI speakers?

What is the part number for the better woofer drivers?

If you prefer, we can take this offline...
@grannyring @porscheracer I'm really curious too!  I looked through the Eminence Beta woofers but not sure which is which as their sensitivities are all similar.
Here is repeat of a much earlier post to address your question,

They did sound great right out of the shipping boxes,but I haven't owned a speaker yet that I did'nt mod and get better sound.

Even though I did buy a upgraded pair of Di's from Eric,I have upgraded farther with even better caps,inductors and resistors and some wiring.

I started with the crossover on the woofers,
The heavy duty Jantzen coil is fine I didn't change it but I did change the single cap and got rid off the sand cast resistor,I don't like that type,I think they can be noisy.From day one when I got the speakers I didn't like cosmetically the blue colored woofers with my black metallic paint so I changed to the Eminence beta which gave me black cones the stock ones are the alpha's with blue cones.The physical size including depth are the same but the specs are slightly different.The beta's are 2 Db more efficient in their specs of the driver in free air and they give me better bass and dynamics at very low volume levels and they equal or are slightly better defined bass at higher volumes.I also biwire mine with a single run of western electric 10ga wire that solders directly in the crossover,and I use the same wire to the woofers.The beta woofers cost 60.00 a piece from us speaker.I hear just better defined bass maybe tighter and does measure 2 to 3 db down at 20hz in room.

Now that's the easy stuff,I took a look at the crossover for the tweeters and mids and decided to change all caps,resistors,and coils to better parts IMO but I did'nt change any wiring,It's ok and would be a lot of work.

Even though my speakers sounded very good once broken in I couldn't leave them alone because I knew I could make them sound better,I basically gained overall smoothness and a tiny bit of clarity and coherence without hurting but only improving the magical midrange that these speakers have by design.

I wouldn't honestly recommend that everybody that owns a upgraded pair of Di's would want to incur the expense and time involved for the noticeable but modest gains in sound.
Basically what I'm saying It's a lot of work and it took me 2 whole days to do mine.

Take the time and remove a couple of tweeters and maybe the lwr mid and look at the crossover and you will have to decide if you want to tackle it.
One option might be just to change the little bypass cap on the tweeters input to better quality.

Overall I would say I gained a solid 3% gain in improved sound in every sonic apspect that I can think of.

With these sound improvements It doesn't make me in no hurry to upgrade to any other speakers,but my digital front end has seen some improvements as well in the last couple of weeks and as my budget allows I'm going to purchase a Music Vault M7 music server and I hope to have the best digital that I have ever heard,I was a analog guy for many years but I have'nt spun a LP in 3 weeks and I'm not missing it one bit.