Spotify or Pandora

A relative pointed out two music download websites: Spotify and Pandora. I don't know anything about music downloads. But I was hoping to stream hi-rez original artist oldies. I tried one selection on Spotify and it sounded like MP3 quality and didn't seem like original artists were singing.

Please advise. I would love to stream in hi-rez oldies from the 50s and 60s, but don't know if Spotify or Pandora are good sources.

Thanks
bifwynne
@willemj  I disagree with what you've posted entirely I can clearly hear the difference between 320kbps and higher bitrates. And when I stream my app, Aries Lightning DS, shows the bitrate for most flac its anyway from 700kbps to 1100 kbps so much higher than 320.
Jond,
The extent to which Flac can compress does depend a lot on the type of music and the recording. The BBC broadcast was classical music (the Proms) with a great dynamic range. That allows far more compression than pop music mastered loudly.
Are you sure you can still distinguish if you do the comparison double blind? Try one of those websites with streams at different bitrates that you cannot know when you listen. The statistics show that people score not or hardly better than random when trying to identify 320 kbs from full redbook CD. You may have better hearing than that, but to be sure the test has to be double blind.
I prefer Spotify because it is totally free and I can also use a great Spotify album downloader for Mac to help me extract all the songs for free listening offline.  https://www.drmare.com/spotify-music-converter-for-mac/