E-BAY and SHIPPING ARE GETTING OUT OF CONTROL

It seems that e-bay is totally controlling the elevated shipping now.......I bought a small amp (14.5 lbs)in Ct and the shipping to Idaho without insurance was 90.00...........I was looking at some Audio Research front panels in SC and the shipping to Idaho was 45.00.......Shipping is getting like gas prices, no control........I checked with Fed-Ex about the shipping on the amp and they said 41.00 with insurance......I ask the seller to ship by Fed-Ex and he tells me its e-bays deal and he can't do anything about it.....Of course I had already paid for it...........Then I find out it was shipped by NEX ???     Read a review on that company.....All negatives  100 %
autospec
Never has a problem with shippjng charged by the seller on eBay. The highest shipping I paid was on a pair of Quad ESLs at $1000.
Seller definitely sets the shipping cost. Once I was looking at purchasing an amp on Ebay,  the seller listed shipping @ $175.  The amp was very heavy,  but I figured shipping on my FedEx account and it was about $50 for me.  I contacted the seller before offers.  The seller did drop shipping to $75,  but that was all they were willing to do.  
On the few things that I've sold on Ebay, I have always figured shipping before listing.  I haven't tried any of the lowball price game with hidden cost in inflated shipping.  
Whenever I think ebay shipping costs are excessive I tell sellers that I will prepay for shipping and send them a label to be taped to the box.  Never had a seller refuse.  I have done this for several heavy amplifiers and other things.  I some cases my shipping cost was 1/2 of the Ebay quote.   In your case, if a seller insists on using Ebay quotes and shipping methods and you decide to pay their excessive price, you CAN leave negative feedback and low DSR scores to warn future prospective buyers.
Warning: this is slightly off topic.
Hey Autospec,
Bedini is a word you don't hear often. One of the best sounding setups I ever had was the Bedini 150/150 (I think) and the Bedini pre-amp and PSB Alpha speakers and the first gen Velodyne 15" sub. It was magical until my live-in girlfriends daughter stayed home sick from school and played everything at totally full volume and fried the transistors. Bedini had just gone out of business and my repair guy couldn't find any markings to identify the trannys (not those trannys) so the amp was trashed literally. So sad.
I want one and I also follow eBay for these.
skeepowder.....John Bedini was a good friend and him and his brother and myself build quite a few pieces together.....I have tons of Bedini stuff.......Most of the transformers were made by Mercury transformer company.........They are still in business......I repair some of the Bedini amps