Who has the oldest speakers?

When my older brother came home from the service in 1971, he had a very large Pioneer stereo system. It came with some very large floorstanding speakers. I don't see him very often, but I saw him last month and to my surprise, he still has the same system, with the same speakers and believe it or not, it sounds great. He takes really good care of the system and it is in immaculate shape. That makes those speaker about 30 years old, more or less.

How about you guys?
matchstikman
My friend's dad has some huge floor standing Infinitys that he says are from the early-mid 70's. He's had them since new and they've always been his mains. I can see (hear) why...they are amazing.
JBL L-100, circa 1977...used to have the nice blue foam grill covers that turned to mush in the 80's. These still look new and will undoubtedly out-live me.
I am still the original owner of a pair of vintage 1978 JBL L65 speakers. I had the bass units re-foamed / coned about eight years ago (foam rot got to them). The speakers are alive and happy in my basement as a second system. I hope to pass them on to one of my children someday....if they promise to enjoy the music!
About six years ago a great local somewhat funky high-end stereo store was going out of business and all he had left was a four-foot tall pair of self-powered electrostatic speakers circa 1980 that he had taken in on trade. He had them connected to a Yamaha CD player that had a volumn control and the would take $750.00 for the speakers which included delivery if I wouldn't mind helping him lift them into his van.

It turns out that these are a pair of Acoustat X speakers with each speaker having its own fully balanced tube amplifier. They are mounted on their sides and provide the front end for my two-channel system and music for that room which is also my office.

I will be doing an addition and re-locating my home theatre but I think I will be keeping these speakers, although probably not for use in my new home theatre. I recently bought all new tubes for them and I am using better cables.

The hardest question is this: Will the many-thousands of dollars I could(should?) be spending on new speakers really make things sound so many thousand-dollars better?