Dealers hijacking the discussions

I’m a very long term member and look at the forums most every day. I’m personally extremely irritated by dealers injecting sales pitches into the discussions which has never really been a problem before. Dealers are biased as it’s the nature of business and this is fine but I don’t go to audiogon to see shameless promotion. There’s one guy in particular that needs to go away. The fact that you’ll all know who it is says volumes about the amount of posting this guy/dealer does on audiogon. Does anyone feel as I do. Just curious.
I am also somewhat annoyed by this and yes I have a very good idea of whom you are referring to.
Post removed 
It doesn't bother me as long as they identify themselves as dealers. I understand they have potential financial gain, that's why I take what they say with a grain of salt. Some audiophiles push what they prefer and in some ways it isn't any different. 
Lets address the elephant in the room shall we.

The issue shouldn’t be about hijaciking it should be about attacking another member in these posts, by one particular member, which leads to long rebuttals and banter.

Most people who are actually shopping for a product welcome ideas to look at x y or z as they may not be aware of that product.

How are you supposed to learn if all you get is the same rhetoric from the same dealers or friends. Is that advice or is that just echoing the same issue that the OP had started with.

As we are all product owner, my store owns I can guarantee you way more equipment than you guys do, all feel passionately about our products, that is not the point the point should be to engage in a discussion on what may be right for the OP and that may include products not being discussed as perhaps that product MAY be an even better fit for the OP or the new product mentioned might cost less, or whatever.

Take the Sasha post, all we said is to look at all the options and yes some of those options are ours while some are not, the fact is that it is doubtful that the OP is near our shop our would be purchasing anything from us.

Does a pair of Legacy Aeris sound better than a used pair of Sashas and are the same price? That is not our decision it is the OP but perhaps the OP never heard of Legacy and now maybe the OP would. If in that case the OP did prefer the Legacys or any of you did, and then decided to change brands in the pursuit of getting more realistic music would that be a good thing or a bad thing?

All owners of all audio products need to consider that the market is dynamic and there will always be great new products entering the market that may challenge the status quo

In my 30 plus years of doing this professionally all the stores I have worked for have sometimes discovered new brands or moved to new products which are sometimes better than the brand they used to have.

The grownup way of dealing with this is not to cry foul but to go out and see if X Y or Z does indeed sound better than what you own and if it makes sense then to change.

If you love your Wilsons or Magicos or speaker or amp you should not be swayed by my or any other words, they are just that.

If you look at the great Harry Person founder of the Absolute Sound, Harry moved from one reference to another if that new X Y or Z was indeed better, Harry did seem to be brand agnostic.

Again as someone who owned Wilson speakers they are an excellent product, and they produce one flavor of sound, if you love them that is great, our store actually doesn’t care about the brand, we pursue many new brands if that new brand or product sounds better than our older one.

The ideas of our posts was to open certain peoples eyes and ears that there MAY be a product that they weren’t considering that MIGHT have been great for them and if you consider that this is a large country we would usually have nothing to gain, as we are bound by territorial restrictions or there are other dealers in the area.

Please consider this rebuttal when next you talk about trolling and try to engage rather than attack.

If you read many of our posts you will see that we talk about many products that are excellent including ones we don’t sell.

Next time when you are in that position to purchase a new product you might find that if someone comes in and says if you are considering a new digital front end and you were talking DCS or MSB and someone comes in and says why don’t you look at an Aqua, or a Meitner or an Esoteric or a Lampi, and you actually do and find that the new widget you were not thinking about takes your system to a new level of satisfaction then maybe you might feel differently.

I hope that helps clarify our aims and position.

Where is Grp4blu when you need him as I am sure he is going to swoop in for an attack, and my last point, if you would be shocked at how much some of the guys like myself actually know about many of these products and how if you reached out and talked with us you might be surprised to learn of a few tricks which might radically alter your perception of how to setup a great system.

Ask yourselves are you using power conditioning, power cables, room tuning, vibration isolation, air treatment/electrical field conditioning, devices, footers, before you swap components, you might be surprised to find sometimes adding an accessory or two will make your system better.

Dave owner
Audio Doctor NJ

It doesn't bother me that dealers provide input, as long as they disclose. I guess I'm just easy goin' like that.....