Great music few are aware of. Any genre.

To start with :
1. Al di Meola - Cielo e Terra. Vinyl, Japanese sounds best,
2. Sussan Deyhim - Madman of God. CD.
3. Hellborg/Velez - Ars Moriende. CD, track Love Death Ritual.
4.Steve Roach/Jorge Reyes - Vine Bark&Spore. CD. Atmospheric, tribal ambient.
inna
How about:                                                       Celtic Frost - "Monotheist"                           Triptykon - "Melana Chasmata"                    Sleep - "Dopesmoker"                                 Great progressive metal recordings!
I don't know about "few are aware of" but contemporary folk on the Stockfish label.  Really well written and performed songs in absolutely reference sound.  All Stockfish recordings must be guitar based and boy can they record a guitar.  It's in the room!
Great to me; no idea how many are aware....

Rauelsson - Vora
Fabiano Araujo - Rheomusi
Eluvium - Copia
Helios - Unleft
Kuba Kapsa Ensemble - Vantdraught 10, Vol. 1
Takeshi Nishimoto - Lavendula
Rachel Grimes - The Clearing
The original Rockabilly artists, like The Rock 'n' Roll Trio (Johnny Burnette and his brother Dorsey, along with Telecaster guitarist Paul Burlinson, a favorite of Jeff Beck). There are hundreds of others, released on small, independent, regional labels in the mid-to-late 1950's. The original version of white Rock 'n' Roll, it's the blend of Jump Blues and Hillbilly.
bdp24 10-26-2017
...The Rock ’n’ Roll Trio (Johnny Burnette and his brother Dorsey, along with Telecaster guitarist Paul Burlinson, a favorite of Jeff Beck).
My wife and I recently enjoyed hearing "The Train Kept a-Rollin" on SiriusXM while we were out for a drive. Prior to some other mentions you’ve made of the R&R Trio in past threads here I had only been aware of JB’s later and of course very different solo hits. I think the car enjoyed hearing it too, because the incredible energy level of the music caused it to be going a good deal faster at the end of the song than when it started :-)

Best regards,
-- Al