Directionality of wire

I am a fan of Chris Sommovigo's Black Cat and Airwave interconnects. I hope he does not mind me quoting him or naming him on this subject, but Chris does not mark directionality of his IC's. I recently wrote him on the subject and he responded that absent shunting off to ground/dialectric designs, the idea of wire directionality is a complete myth. Same with resistors and fuses. My hunch is that 95% of IC "manufacturers", particularly the one man operations of under $500 IC's mark directionality because they think it lends the appearance of technical sophistication and legitimacy. But even among the "big boys", the myth gets thrown around like so much accepted common knowledge. Thoughts? Someone care to educate me on how a simple IC or PC or speaker cable or fuse without a special shunting scheme can possibly have directionality? It was this comment by Stephen Mejias (then of Audioquest and in the context of Herb Reichert's review of the AQ Niagra 1000) that prompts my question;

Thank you for the excellent question. AudioQuest provided an NRG-10 AC cable for the evaluation. Like all AudioQuest cables, our AC cables use solid conductors that are carefully controlled for low-noise directionality. We see this as a benefit for all applications -- one that becomes especially important when discussing our Niagara units. Because our AC cables use conductors that have been properly controlled for low-noise directionality, they complement the Niagara System’s patented Ground-Noise Dissipation Technology. Other AC cables would work, but may or may not allow the Niagara to reach its full potential. If you'd like more information on our use of directionality to minimize the harmful effects of high-frequency noise, please visit http://www.audioquest.com/directionality-its-all-about-noise/ or the Niagara 1000's owner's manual (available on our website).

Thanks again.

Stephen Mejias
AudioQuest

Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/gramophone-dreams-15-audioquest-niagara-1000-hifiman-he1000-v2-p...

128x128fsonicsmith
These proofs, are actually fully gone over and reviewed by the US government branch called ’the us academy of sciences’ and these works, considered to be true and accurate, with an error potential of less than three billion to one, are certified as 100% real by the said branch of the government
Fake news
These proofs, are actually fully gone over and reviewed by the US government branch called ’the us academy of sciences’ and these works, considered to be true and accurate, with an error potential of less than three billion to one, are certified as 100% real by the said branch of the government
Fake news

~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for helping prove my point.

Beyond a minimal level of attempts which have to be carefully phrased so that one does not get a heartfelt knife in the back, there's almost nothing one can do to help those who refuse to look or don't have the wherewithal to look.
Einstein got the Nobel prize for photoelectric effect not relativity, gentle readers. It takes a long, long time before the robed priests of Science dare jump on board any new fangled idea. It's much safer and requires no work to cling to the outdated paradigms of yesteryear. Who wants to  get behind some revolutionary idea lest someone would think he's a kook or has lost his mind? Anyone who believes the audio hobby is sheparded by well meaning peer review committees or monitored by NASA is sadly mistaken. Yes, I know what you're thinking, "But what about ____ and _______ and _________? They're very scientific." 🤓
@Teo Audio, I just put your post through Google translator and it spat out this.

“I’m right and everyone who disagrees with me is wrong because they’re too lazy to seek out the truth”

Eg, while you were sleeping, just yesterday....the fundamentals of organic computers-blurring the line, big time:

https://phys.org/news/2017-10-heavy-metal-thunder-protein-electricity.html

and:

https://phys.org/news/2017-10-quantum-materials-star-trek-technology.html

and... quantum spooky action at a distance (quantum fluid).... as planetary and solar cores:

https://phys.org/news/2017-10-electron-behaviour-extreme-conditions.html

Relatively, this is just in the past week - alone!

In that week there is ---much, much much more.

It is moving so fast right now that even a child born today in the best environment possible, which is created by outdated people...might be woefully outdated by the time they are 10 years old. It’s an overt statement, on my part - but difficult to truly disprove.

And to remain inflammatory as, after all.. this is an audio forum...those physics news links, specifically the ’electron behaviour’ one will ~flat out tell you~ (in matter of fact terms) that what is going on in the liquid metal cables is beyond everything you know in physics. Whoops.

So no, it’s not business as usual and snake oil. Not scientifically possible to be 'hooey'. It's a totally different animal than wire. Big time.