Audiophiles should learn from people who created audio

The post linked below should be a mandatory reading for all those audiophiles who spend obscene amounts of money on wires. Can such audiophiles handle the truth?

http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm

defiantboomerang

@nonoise +1

@geoffkait  +1

@toddverrone +1

About the only thing I agree with the previous posts are that dealers love to upsell cables instead of paying attention to system synergy between components and listening to what the customer wants to accomplish.  There are times where the $$$ silver cable is not going to be the right choice for a specific system.

@toddvernone,

Oh thank you, defiantboomerang, for saving us again from our own stupidity. Dude, why are you trying to be everyone’s mom? You come on here and immediately start posting stuff as though the rest of us have never read anything about audio and/or are too stupid to figure it out.

...Great, go listen to music and leave us alone.

Dear Sir, you don’t own this forum. Have I asked you or your pals to leave? No.

What gives you the right to ask me to leave? The title of this forum is "cables". It is not "audiophile cables"; it is not "I make my own cables", nor "cables only for those who can hear the difference".

This forum is about cables and my OP is about cables.

I realize that this post may come across as hypocritical,
Your words Sir, not mine. :))

Einstein said a bunch of smart things that seem like he was talking about audiophiles:

“It is better to believe than to disbelieve; in doing you bring everything to the realm of possibility.”

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

'If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."

That guy could explain anything!
defiantboomerang

The post linked below should be a mandatory reading ...

It’s one thing to suggest that readers here do something. It’s another to be told we "should" do something. Who are you to declare what is "mandatory?"

"Defiantboomerang." Your name says it all.