Reference disc player...UDP 205 or Marantz?

Hey guys....
I've decided to take the plunge, and get my last reference disc player--at least for a very long time--and I'm looking for opinions on the subject.
I really wanted to get the Marantz SA-14S1, it sounds fantastic for sure, but I started to read all the glowing reviews on the Oppo UDP-205. Is it just hype, or the real thing? Is the Oppo really that rare piece of equipment that punches that far above its price? Who here has listened to the oppo and/or the Marantz? How do they compare? 
Thanks! 
jonasandezekiel
I will be doing the same mods to the Oppo 205 as I do now to the Oppo Sonica DAC.  Should be ready in about 3-4 weeks.  Price is $800 plus for the mods. 
@jonasandezekiel - That reply was from Ric Schultz -  Electronic Visionary Systems (EVS). He's one of the long time mod'rs, previously manufactured audio products including a well regarded DAC. The website for Ric/EVS is www.tweakaudio.com. He's one of the good guys IHMO....
Ok....my mistake, thanks for letting me down easy and not letting me look too foolish. So, the cost of the mods are considerably more reasonable then for a ModWright mod.

Sounds tempting, as well as a little confusing. But I'm interested.