Audiophiles should learn from people who created audio

The post linked below should be a mandatory reading for all those audiophiles who spend obscene amounts of money on wires. Can such audiophiles handle the truth?

http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm

defiantboomerang
I hate to judge before all the facts are in, but there is no known way to measure some things in terms of the EFFECT ON THE SOUND. You know what I’m talking about, Mpingo discs, CD treatments, magnetization of CDs and cables, isolation platforms, Clever Clock, Silver Rainbow Foil, Cream Electret, Red X Pen, directionality of interconnects. We’re not even sure we’re measuring the right thing when it comes to fuses, you know, since the differences in resistance are sooo small. And nobody can fully explain in measurments why one cone is superior to another cone in terms of sound. I know what you’re thinking, it looks good on paper.

Sure, some of those things MIGHT be measurable under certain circumstances by someone somewhere. But of course noone ever does. 😀

Note to previous poster: yes, it actually does matter HOW we get there. Because if you don't understand where you ARE and how you got there you cannot proceed to where you eventually want to be. No matter how MUCH you have in the end you could have had even MORE if you had started out with MORE.
@lalitk

I honestly don’t know why we continue to tirelessly argue on the merits of cables, fuses, components and so on. In this journey, everyone has their own taste, budget, expectations and is entitled to their own opinions.

The most important thing in this hobby is to share some of the joy and excitement of discovering how fundamentally beautiful and important music is, does it matter how we get there?

Peace out!
Don't take the bait!
Laws are meant to be broken. I broke two today just messing around. Science can’t keep up with audiophiles. Science - and to a certain extent audiophiles - mostly still think quantum mechanics is just a theory. Einstein didn’t think it was even a theory. You gotta admit, that’s funny. 😀