Audiophiles should learn from people who created audio

The post linked below should be a mandatory reading for all those audiophiles who spend obscene amounts of money on wires. Can such audiophiles handle the truth?

http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm

defiantboomerang
@itzhak1969--I'm pretty firmly rooted in the subjective camp with a healthy respect for science. Could some of the sonic attributes you mention, like brightness and perhaps even sound stage,  be measured  by fourier analysis? I don't know the answer, but it would seem like frequency peaks and dips, and timing in relation to frequency, should tell us something. I'm posing this as a general query-- perhaps this stuff has been measured with no demonstrable difference, although it perceived by listeners. I'm not try to fan any flames, actually trying to bridge the gap. I suppose I could grab someone in the engineering department at UT, but unless an engineer is specialized (or at least interested) in acoustic analysis, I'm not sure they could help.
There are quite a few Fourier Analysis apps. Why don’t you give one a test drive and report back?

Geoff- I do have a cheapy loaded on to an iPad. It works with a microphone, either the one built into the iPad-questionable- or an external mic, but it is measuring output of the entire system within the room. What I was thinking about was a lab grade test that, for example, measured the frequency/timing characteristics of wire as electrical impulses- the subject of this thread was that wire is wire. I assume something like that could be hooked up--but also wonder if it is has already been done.
@joecasey 

I agree that the Audio industry is doing just fine. Better sounding components and reasonable prices for great equipment. My point of that article was my belief about certain components as speaker WIRE, interconnects, and the money gouging companies who sell these products st exorbitant prices. But to each his own. Just my opinion. AND THE SKY HASN'T FALLEN AS OF YET!