Looking for suggestions for a new (to me) pair of high efficiency monitors

Hi,

I’m looking to change out my Legacy Studio HD monitors for something more efficient. The Legacy’s are fine speakers and have served me well, but you all know the drill—time to try something new for the fun of it after several years..

I presently run a Bob Latino VTA ST120 amp. Not a lot of power, but nice sound for not a lot of $$.

No preamp, Mac-mini running Audivana out to my Bryston DAC, which puts out plenty of signal directly into the VTA 120 to drive to full power.

The Legacy’s are rated at 93 dB at 4ohms I believe—interested in getting opinions for alternative high efficiency and detailed monitors. Lost a fair amount of upper freq hearing over the years, in fact I have to wear hearing aids that help hear above 7khz, so mellow mid- and treble doesn’t do it for me. Even so largely listen to acoustic jazz, vocals and lately a smattering of opera. Rarely rock or full range orchestral. 

Thanks in advance!
jsl1234
I believe the amp is rated at 60 Watts in Pentode mode. Would like to keep cost to me about $1,500, but price point will be less an issue since I’m happy to purchase used but well loved units.

stand mount preferred. I listen in a small room (10x12) near field with speakers about 2 feet off back wall and 8 feet from my chair.  Moderate listening levels, rarely above 80db.
From Bob Latino’s site:

The VTA ST-120 is a 60 WATT PER CHANNEL amplifier built on the same ST-70 stainless steel chassis as the amp pictured above.

The VTA ST-120 uses three custom wound USA made transformers and is available as a KIT amp or completely WIRED and tested.

This amp has the same quality components as the VTA ST-70 listed above. The optional tube set has a GZ34/5AR4 rectifier, three 12AU7 driver tubes and a matched quad of 6550 tubes.
The power transformer
Why do you feel that you need high efficient speakers? In your small room with 60 watt amps and your musical tastes I would suggest a LS3/5A type of speaker. Spendor,Harbeth,etc. You can get a new Spendor S3/5R2 within your budget.
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/94333/Spendor-Spendor_S35R2_Classic_Stereo_Speakers-Speakers
BTW, there is a pair of Harbeth P3ESRs listed here for $1600! Also the Spendor S3/5R2 is listed here for $1200!