Looking for suggestions for a new (to me) pair of high efficiency monitors

Hi,

I’m looking to change out my Legacy Studio HD monitors for something more efficient. The Legacy’s are fine speakers and have served me well, but you all know the drill—time to try something new for the fun of it after several years..

I presently run a Bob Latino VTA ST120 amp. Not a lot of power, but nice sound for not a lot of $$.

No preamp, Mac-mini running Audivana out to my Bryston DAC, which puts out plenty of signal directly into the VTA 120 to drive to full power.

The Legacy’s are rated at 93 dB at 4ohms I believe—interested in getting opinions for alternative high efficiency and detailed monitors. Lost a fair amount of upper freq hearing over the years, in fact I have to wear hearing aids that help hear above 7khz, so mellow mid- and treble doesn’t do it for me. Even so largely listen to acoustic jazz, vocals and lately a smattering of opera. Rarely rock or full range orchestral. 

Thanks in advance!
jsl1234
+1 yogiboy
You don’t need high efficient speakers in a 10x12 size room. The LS3/5a is a perfect speaker for your application.  Keep away from any ported speaker!

I agree. I don't use a pre-amp and have a nice 21 step attenuator on my VTA 120 amp. The DAC puts out plenty of signal to drive the amp. 

Regarding the hearing loss not much to say beyond I tend to favor 'brighter' presentation speakers to help compensate. That said, I still listen to mostly single instrument (piano, violin, female voice, acoustic jazz, etc..) so not even sure how much I'm really missing...

I have started to look at OB speakers just for the fun of it. My room is small and nearly square (10x12). Not room for pulling speakers off the rear wall.

Used to own and love Maggies (1.7 and 3.7) but I've since moved on given the limitations of my room and equipment choices. 
http://images.klipsch.com/RB81IIcutsheet_635042118979170000.pdf

Not to disparage low cost speakers but always thought of this line as mass market HT stuff? How do they sound compared to traditional Klipsch Heritage Series Heresy III?
By all means use an LS3/5a type speaker in a small room like this. However, the modern Harbeth P3ESR is much better than the original LS3/5a (I have both).

The BBC monitors I have heard were quite low in efficiency, but, with a 15 ohm impedance they were easy to drive and worked quite well with tube gear with modest output. 

Also, anyone looking for somewhat high efficiency speakers that work well with tube gear has to at least hear Audio Note J and K model speakers.