Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
Wow!  Awesome job, Bill!  As is your detailed report on it.  Congratulations!

Best regards,
-- Al

@grannyring awesome information. Thanks for sharing!!

On the Lyngdorf questions...
In my room, the 2170 sounds better corrected than uncorrected. But not by a lot. It may be that my room is pretty good anyway. This admission was hard for Wendy because she’s never liked any previous room/speaker correction. But in blind testing, she mostly chose the corrected but did go with uncorrected a couple of times. But never chose the LTA. And a couple of notes on the LTA comparison. At higher volume and higher dynamic music, the LTA fell way behind the 2170. Perhaps it was pushing the limits of its 12 watts. At one point with one of her favorite songs at higher volume Wendy said "I don’t know what that one is, but it has to go back". On low volume the 2170 was also much better. I was very surprised. Thought that would be where the LTA would shine. But the 2170 kept all it’s detail on the high end and even more so, the dynamics and tight bass on the low end. This effect was amplified in the room correction mode but was also true when uncorrected. Only with less dynamic music, and in the middle volume range, without the 2170 correction, did the LTA come close. Even then, it was never chosen.
I did not know about the ZOTL 15. The 40 was out of my price range. I went with Mark’s recommendation on the amp configuration and was assured it would not be lacking for what I was intending with the DIs. I’ll also add I spoke to Kenny a couple of times, who owns a 40 and the 2170 and he told me the higher wattage wouldn’t help.
On the listening impression question... I could line up a number of often used adjectives here, but really it came down to the 2170 just acted like a wire with gain. I could hear details I couldn’t hear with the others. Everything sounded very natural. I know, not normally a class D trait! It didn’t sound "digital" at all. I can, and have, listened to it for hours and it wasn’t fatiguing. And it sounded detailed and dynamic at even low levels. That just blew me away. And this was consistent with both Digital and Analog inputs.
Now, when I first got it with no hours on it, it was awful. I was questioning Kenny’s take on it for a bit there. But after a couple of days of burn-in, it came into it’s own. If you hear it in a store, you’re cheating yourself.
Complaints? It looks like a clock radio and the LTA stuff would be a conversation piece in comparison. You have to turn the volume knob A LOT to effect change. I’ve learned to just spin it now or use the remote. There is no rack-mount provision. You have to go through dealers. It’s made in Denmark. That’s really all I can come up with.
Finally, I was not expecting this result. The only reason I tried it was due to Kenny’s and Bill’s feedback on it. But I’m certainly glad I did. For me, in my room, and my listening habits, it just works. I certainly don’t think that will be true for everyone.

@grannyring - +100 - Truly appreciate you explaining the upgrades so well and even taking photos!  Wow!
Bill,
I know how much you enjoyed your AZ Crescendo post modification so this informs me as to how well the modified Double Impacts must sound to you. Your excellent and detailed description is a terrific guide for current and future DI owners who may want to venture down the speaker improvement pathway. Fabulous contribution from you.
Charles