I would like to hook my satellite box to my oppo udp-205 for two channel audio

it is 30 feet away
is the best way to use optical cable or coaxial with rca adapters 
fish3434345
With a long cable I would personally start with the digital coax. More generally, however, inputs are often a scarce resource, so if cable length is not an issue I would use the coax for the source with the highest sound quality (e.g. BD player) and optical for e.g. the television.
The cable box only has optical out
Using HDMI for the TV
I will get a cheap optical and try that

Thanks
fish3434345 OP
9 posts                                                                                 11-06-2017 4:22am

I will get a cheap optical and try that

Not all Toslink plastic optical cables are the same. I would not buy the cheapest cable you can find. It’s not it either works, or it doesn’t work.

What’s involved in testing a fiber optics cable. It’s not as simple as the cable works or it doesn’t.
http://www.lanshack.com/fiber-optic-tutorial-testing.aspx

Though I personally have not bought anything from Blue Jeans Cable I have read many posts from others that have. I can not recall ever reading any bad posts about the company or their products.

From reading the info on their website they will build the Toslink cable to the length you need. From what I read Blue Jeans tests the fiber optics cable after the ends are installed to make sure it meets industry standards. Just a guess, they should, supply the buyer a copy of the test results. You might want to check them out and get a price.

From their website.
We hand-cut and terminate each of these cables ourselves so we know they’re done right and tested before they go out. We think you’ll be impressed with their performance; but we also offer a simple and easy return policy. If for any reason you’re not completely satisfied, just return the cables, undamaged, within 30 days and we’ll refund your purchase price in full.

https://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/digital-audio/index.htm