Speaker Cable Banana Plug Breakage

Hi Folks,
I could seriously use some help with a banana plug issue. The thin gold plated pieces that splay apart on the end of my banana plug have broken off and now, I'm having some conductivity issues. I used a test CD and there is obviously a reason for concern. These are older Hi Diamond speaker cables and while they sound wonderful, the build quality might leave a little to be desired. Right now, the banana plug end is a minuscule gold pointed spear and I'wondering if there isn't something that I could do without causing a sound contrast between the two speakers? I'm pretty certain that Cullen Cables can help me with his issue but I need to buy myself some time before having them properly repaired. Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks!
goofyfoot
perfectpathtech, that's very kind of you and yes, I would like Cardas plugs. According to HiDiamond, I should be able to replace the plugs myself. For the meantime, I will place the bare wire (without touching it) to the post and then work towards getting two sets for both ends of each cable. If I'm going to replace one end of the cable, I might as well do the other end.
Those nerve audio BFA banana plugs I linked to are beryllium copper with a silver plating. I use them on the speaker cables I make and they sound great. The monoprice banana I’d stay away from, they’re certainly brass.

@perfectpathtech - you are a sweet human. And yes, there is technique to making a good connection. But the man sounds like he’s good with his hands and could definitely do it himself. Plus, the stock connectors are held in place with set screws, it sounds like. As long as he buys connectors made from good materials, it’s very likely they’ll be as least as good as stock. I never like set screws as a way to attach connectors. But heck, if I were him I’d take you up on your offer as well!
The response from HiDiamond;
'removing banana is really simple.

turn and unscrew the silver ring, will see two screws, I have to unlock them and then lift the broken banana and insert a new banana that you can buy via internet in USA Shop or yes is possible use bare wire . the important thing is not to contact the other terminal'

Not sure what the wire is but I will assume its copper, it will most certainly have oxidation,  Polish it, clean with
alcohol then re-terminate.   
@toddverrone
The monoprice suggestion was a temporarily solution since no tool required.
goofyfoot say:
I need to buy myself some time before having them properly repaired.
The HiDiamond surely deserve better connectors!