Is tonearm cable the most important cable in the system ?

Opinions ?
In the case of my Nottingham it goes from the cartridge right into the phono. It is not shielded, I guess, and there is nothing I can do to improve it. Not that it is bad, I think it's quite good.
inna
There is no "most important cable" in anyone's system.  Every cable in your system contributes to the resultant sound.  If you doubt that, take a quality cable you currently use and replace it with the stock throw- away cables that come free in the box.  That I do believe will settle the matter.
The cable is much less critical if you can run it balanced into a balanced, differential phono preamplifier.
Yes of course every cable is important but not necessarilly equally important in each particular system. Often the closer to the source the more important. I am not talking about power cords now.
When upgrading, most of us cannot afford upgrading all the cabling at the same time, especially when doing serious upgrades.
Leeds - I wonder.... where exactly would you get a seperate ground reference for left and right channels in order to run a "truly balanced" XLR cable from a phono cartridge that has only 4 pins (left/right +/- )????  Stereo Phono cartridges are INHERENTLY balanced devices no matter what connector you happen to be using at the phono stage.