TriPlanar tonearm outward skating issue

Hi all,

I have been trying to research a solution to a recent issue with my TriPlanar VII UII tonearm that I bought  a couple years back.

The tonearm seems to want to skate outwards, even with zero anti skate applied and the weight removed from the little anti skate arm. It is evident at various settings of VTF, VTA, etc. The platter is very level and everything seems to be aligned OK. This outward skating force is very light in the outer grooves and becomes stronger as the cartridge gets closer to the end of a side. In fact, as it traces the lead-out grooves at the end of a side, the tonearm sometimes thrusts outwards across those grooves back into the last track. Very scary!

A visual check of the cantilever azimuth seems to confirm an outward pressure from the tonearm since the cantilever is leaning with the stylus end closer to the spindle.

I can’t seem to find any information online about this phenomenon.

Any insights and recommendations would appreciated.
shayes002
that post tell us that was you not Triplanar whom fixed the problem because the advise Triplanar gave you not works.

Dear @rauliruegas , I know you mean well, but you have misread my post. I did not say that I asked Tri for advice. I only asked for a lighter counterweight. You have assumed that I asked for advice, and then received incorrect advice. I only point this out because I do not want Triplanar to be misrepresented in this instance.

In fact, I should have asked Tri for advice. He would have told me the same thing Ralph said here:

Its also easy to fix- just extract some of the wires from the cable where the clamp is mounted at the base of the arm so as to give the wires a bit more slack.

I confess, I didn’t try this until last night. I’ll be damned, the cable is not fixed to its jacket at the clamp, like I assumed, but slides easily out to create the slack Ralph mentions. (Assumptions can be deadly!) Problem fixed, and my improvised weight is no longer needed. So, good has come of this messy thread after all. Thanks! I hope it also solves the OP’s problem.
rauliruegass
After several manufacturer revisions/up-dates ( many over many years. ) today still looks as still an unfinished tonearm design.
Hey Raul, have you examined any of these arms that you claim have a defect? Have you ever actually even seen a Triplanar arm in person? Have you ever heard a Triplanar arm?

The OP says his problem's resolved, and yet you call the Triplanar an "unfinished" design?

Sorry, but your determination is based on information that doesn't even rise to the level of hearsay, Raul. It's just speculation, and ill-considered speculation at that.

Dear @cleeds The answer is yes to all your questions in your first sentences. 
My first experience with the Triplanar in a  top quality performance  system was in Dougdeacon ( the OP in the other triplanar thread. ) place in USA and after that around 7-8 times.

Btw, the OP on this thread does not posted yet he solved the trouble.

Now, in this thread 3 of 3 audiophiles that own the tonearm shared the same trouble.
I don't care what you think but if 3 of 3 has the same problem something is " wrong " with that tonearm that has to be fix it by the manufacturer for can't repeated again with his customers.

You are " looking " how to hit me ( as always. ) with out success ( as always.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.
rauliruegas
The answer is yes to all your questions in your first sentences.
Sorry, but I don’t believe that the posters here shipped their pickup arms to you for evaluation. You’re just speculating.

in this thread 3 of 3 audiophiles that own the tonearm shared the same trouble.
I don’t care what you think but if 3 of 3 has the same problem something is " wrong " with that tonearm ...
Sorry, but that’s the logical fallacy often called the "Texas Sharpshooters fallacy." It’s related to the "multiple comparisons" problem that can happen when statistics are misinterpreted. You are considering only a small subset of data. Worse, you've appointed yourself as judge, jury and executioner regarding the status of these three pickup arms - about which you you know nothing first-hand, but instead rely on information that doesn't even rise to the level of hearsay.
@cleeds : Certainly not the this thread users.

3 of 3 is a fallacy, ok with me. That tonearm design has to be fix it about, fallacy or not. At the end as I said it I don't care about Triplanar.

Small subset of data?, Triplanat has a history and the other thread has more " data " and there are other " data " for years. Problem is that is unknow information for you, you just has no Triplanar experiences. At least is what you showed here through your posts.

Anyway, enough. Who cares about.

R.