Is tonearm cable the most important cable in the system ?

Opinions ?
In the case of my Nottingham it goes from the cartridge right into the phono. It is not shielded, I guess, and there is nothing I can do to improve it. Not that it is bad, I think it's quite good.
inna
williewonka, I don't think I will have this Nottingham arm modified. One reason - I might upgrade it to the newest Nott arm in the next couple of years, and another - I cannot be certain that it will actually sound better. I could just upgrade the RCA connectors, I guess.
So far, every interconnect upgrade from the Acoustech phono to Redgum RGi120 integrated yields big improvements, and I didn't start with junk, I started with old Purist Maximus. I guess, Nottingham wiring is quite good. So is $500 Goldring 1042 MM cartridge. I am impressed by both.
@inna - re....

I could just upgrade the RCA connectors, I guess.
I would highly recommend updating the RCa’s - after all, if you really like them you can always transfer them to the next arm. They are extremely easy to install and remove.

My RCA journey
- I initially replaced the RCA’s on my turntable with renown Silver Bullet RCA’s
- I was so impressed, I immediately replaced the RCA's on all of my IC’s
- Wrote a review of the Silver Bullet on my blog - which was read by Keith Louie Eichmann (KLE) of Silver Bullet "fame"
- KLE ask me to review his new RCA’s - the Harmony product line
- the improvements between the Silver Bullet and the Copper Harmony were easily discernible and also between each successive Harmony model

I now recommend the Silver Harmony as a more affordable starting point and the Absolute Harmony for the more "enthusiastic" audiophiles. Both are extremely good compared to the other competition out there. 

In my opinion, the Copper Harmony lacks the fine details and dynamic perofrmance of the Silver harmony and if you are considering the Pure harmony, you may as well spend the extra couple of bucks on the Absolute Harmony and get the best.

My system is what I consider "modestly priced" (around $11,000 MSRP including cables), but due solely to the cables, RCA’s and other connectors, it performs well above it’s price point.

The image is expansive, three dimensional and has a clarity most other systems costing much more seem to lack.

I’m not trying to sell anything here - I’m just spreading the word about a product that actually works.

OK - I’m done with the preaching.

Happy listening :-)

Regards - Steve