Please suggest bookshelf with best bass response under $4000 pr.

Lately, I've been craving deeper, tighter bass. I'd like to hear some ideas for replacing my Silverline 17.5 monitors. Is this a stupid question, due to inherent limitations of driver size imposed by typical bookshelf dimensions, or might I actually do better with another speaker? Amplification is Wells Audio 150 watt SS Majestic integrated. Source is aging Jolida JD100 tubed cdp (in new year, I plan to replace this with another SS cdp or a transport/standalone dac combo). Thanks ! 
stuartk
+1 on the Totem Mani 2 if it is bass you desire.  With your outstanding amplification, a pair of used Dynaudio C-1's or Joseph Audio Pulsar's will rock your world and you can forget about needing a subwoofer.  
Check out Legacy Studio's Studio HD's.  Strong bass down to 40Hz and a very good looking speaker that will blend in with your wife's room decor. I have compared the Studio's to Kef, Revel, and most other bookshelf speakers... At less than $2000 for a new pair in the Rosewood or Black Pearl finish they're hard to beat.
Acoustic Zen adagio junior or Bryston Mini T, They are substantial big for bookshelf speakers but will bring you deep strong bass  as stand floor speakers .