Audiophiles should learn from people who created audio

The post linked below should be a mandatory reading for all those audiophiles who spend obscene amounts of money on wires. Can such audiophiles handle the truth?

http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm

defiantboomerang
Yet more good stuff from Zen and the Art of Debunkery

• Since the public tends to be unclear about the distinction between evidence and proof, do your best to help maintain this murkiness. If absolute proof is lacking, state categorically that “there is no evidence!”

• When presented with mountains of data supporting the existence of an anomaly, declare that “since the probability of its being true is zero, it would take an infinite amount of data to prove it!”

• If sufficient evidence has been presented to warrant further investigation of an unusual phenomenon, argue that “evidence alone proves nothing!” Ignore the fact that preliminary evidence is not supposed to prove ANYthing.

• Publicly praise the debunkers who invented the “absolute proof” criterion — i.e., that ironclad proof must be attained before an unorthodox claim can gain sufficient respectability to be discussed seriously. (And a brilliant move it was, because, in practice, “proof” is a matter of mainstream scientific consensus. So a marginalized phenomenon can never actually be “proven!”)

• If presented with copious documentary evidence supporting an unorthodox claim, wave it off and declare “It’s only words on paper; no reason to take any of it seriously!”

• Imply that proof precedes evidence. This will eliminate the possibility of initiating any meaningful process of investigation — particularly if no criteria of proof have yet been established for the phenomenon in question.

• Insist that criteria of proof cannot possibly be established for phenomena that do not exist!

IMHO if you cannot hear a difference with a cable change then maybe it is time to choose a new hobby.
Of course there is no correlation between the $ per ft spent vs sound quality improvement, if any at all.
But there is an audible difference....
If somebody is quite happy to be spending hard earned $ and is happy with the results then so be it, NOBODY here will ever convince them otherwise.
Likewise the flat earthers will never concede that possibly spending more than $0.05 per ft on zip wire will garner any change at all and again that is akin to flogging a dead horse.

Its about time we all just actually LISTENED to some cool music and relaxed a little.....

Headphones on, world tuned out, peace......
For anyone having trouble hearing the difference between cables or fuses or anyone growing weary of all the quantum mechanics based tweaks and metaphysical gegaws flooding the market, etc. who might be contemplating a change of hobby, can I offer the following hobbies for your consideration?

Model railroading
Trainspotting
Book collecting
Cigarrette boat racing
Free climbing, buildings, etc.
Wingsuit gliding
Body tattooing
Hurricane hunting
Macrame 

Post removed 
Hey, I free climb and hear differences in cables. I even feel differences in climbing shoes. Especially when listen to music on different cables. I'm an expectation-bias-loving fool.