New York HiFi Show: Tubes and Turntables

I was at the New York HiFi Show today.  It was hard to find many CD players, despite one with a price tag $40,000.  Virtually every room featured turntables and tubes. Sonically, it was a definite improvement over shows in the past.  Not too much sizzle and boom, although a lot of systems demonstrated big bass. Natural sounding components were the rule.
There were hardly any systems affordable by the average audiophile.  $100,000 rigs were not unusual. It seems demonstrators were prone to showing their best.
 With all the myriad of exotic stuff, I’m sorry I can’t remember too many names, but the re-introduction of sophisticated treble and bass controls and room-conditioning processors were impressive.
Of course, streaming was featured in many displays.
It wasn’t a large show, so it was comfortably do-able in one day.
128x128rvpiano
There were plenty of CD players at the NYC show on Friday.  In fact, I wondered about so many rooms using them en route to putting the best sound forward
One of the worst and most boring shows I have ever been to. I agree with the above comments about what was being shown but there lies the problem with the industry as the whole, they are not catering for the ordinary people with a reasonable budget. All these companies have forgotten that it is easy to design and produce a CD player that costs $40,000 which sounds good. Its not so easy to design one that sounds good and costs $2,000.
That is why that the room which impressed me most was Technics with ’Real world’ prices for Turntables and a pair of stand mount speaker that could really sing for $1,700 !
Unfortunately manufacturers prefer to sell 5 items at $100,000 each instead of 500 items at $1,000 each. But that business model does not serve someone who has a budget of $15-20K for a complete system who should really be able to put together a very decent system.
@mgolpoor, "One of the worst and most boring shows I have ever been to."

You're absolutely right.  Second worst show I've attended.  Eclipsed only by the first show this group put on when they returned to NYC in the early part of this decade.

Both quantity and quality of the rooms were about as low as things get.  All but a few rooms didn't have it together, at all, sonically
I have a different opinion.  I think the Luxman / triangle room was excellent.  The Harbeth/AVM very good sound. 
The triangle art stunning. 
It's true that no much low end was represented but did not make the show the worst for affordability matters. 
I still can appreciate good audio and no neccesarily need to own it. 
Kind regards