Capitol Audio Fest

Did anyone else attend Cap Audiofest this year? I've seen no threads about it, I was only able to attend Friday afternoon but heard some good systems. Favorites for me,  Shindo/Auditorium 23, Zu Audio, Tidal, Classic Audio/Atmasphere, and Deja Vu Audio. I thought the Zu system with Omens and First Watt Sit monos was the best value priced system. Best system overall the stunning Deja Vu vintage system with their field coil speakers just astonishing sound.  I wish I had gotten more time to spend looked like there were lots more rooms this year.
128x128jond
The Zu’s had no problem filling the room but there was no tonal balance at all that I heard and detail was absent. Probably the large circular shaped room had something to do with it. This was with a couple electronic and rap recordings that were going when I was there. I was not familiar with the recordings so can’t say how they should sound they just sounded like the system could not handle the room.

This was third time I’ve heard Zu at CAF. First time in a moderate size ballroom not smaller hotel room. Past two were much better just a tad off for me in terms of weight and dynamics. They seem more interested in emphasizing the speakers efficiency at these shows than what they might be capable of. First time i heard them the Zu guy pretty much admitted the 6 watt amp they were using in a smaller hotel room was not enough to get them to sing fully.

In comparison. 10 watt Linear tube audio amp had no problem with Tekton Double Impact in a smaller hotel room. Sound was fully developed and quite detailed. Very impressive!

Bested on the comments here I just may visit this show next year. Detroit to D.C. is a relatively short flight.
Charles
Those of us in the DC area are truly fortunate to have an event like CAF in our own backyard.  It has gotten bigger and better each year to the point where it is now considered by many to be the premier show on the East Coast.  Reading the stories about the NY show last weekend brought that point home even more clearly.  Kudos to the CAF organizers.  May they live long and well.
Sal,
That sure seems to be the case based on feedback covering both shows.
I attended the AXPONA in Chicago last year and it was pretty decent. The Capitol city show does appear to be on an ascending track.
Charles
Charles: CAF has grown every year and is very well organized and Metro accessible. The number of dealers and rooms continues to grow - in a good way. As I understand it, the venue will be the same next year. 

Zu was showing its new Druid VI along with its Omens. I did not pay attention to the electronics.