Joule Electra preamp and Aragon 4004 mkII

Hi all. 

Will a Joule Electra LA 150 II match well (impedance- wise) with an Aragon 4004 mkII for Klispsch RF7 MkII speakers.? Thinking of purchasing the Aragon to push the Klipsch. 
foster_9
Post removed 
I owned both of these pieces, but not at the same time.
The 4004 MkII is a very good value for the money and has held its value amazingly well.
The 4004 MkII has a low'ish input impedance of 22K ohms (similar to some Pass amps).
The LA-150 MkII has adjustable output impedance of either 400 or 1200 ohms.  Most believe a ratio (input/output impedance) of 20 or better is sufficient to prevent audible frequency roll-offs, and some say a ratio as low as 10 should be sufficient.  Your proposed combination should work fine together and you can experiment with the Joule's jumper to determine which output impedance sounds better.
One caveat, many manufacturers report the average output impedance or the value at a frequency of 1,000 Hz, while the highest value can occur at the lowest frequencies, particularly with preamps that use an output coupling capacitor.  Not sure about the Joule but in any case the 400 ohm setting should work fine for you.

Thanks for the responses so far.  Mitch2 thank you. You have been around for a long time in these forums. Some guys can always be counted on!
Klipsch claims 101 db sensitivity on that speaker.

I suspect that won't work well with the Aragon. The reason is that the amplifier will be operating for the most part at very low power. Most amps like this make more, not less, distortion at powers of less than about 5-7% of full power, which means that you won't be able to hear what the amp can do unless you play it too loud for comfort.

I recommend an amplifier of less power; no more than 60 watts for sure. If you want to go solid state, some of the First Watt amps made by Nelson Pass would be a better choice, and the JA can drive them just fine.