Which amp is best to drive Magneplanar 1.6's?

I am presently using a McCormack DNA 0.5 REV "B" to drive
the speakers which is very clear but I was wondering what
else is out there that would be better in terms of bass. I'm using a Krell CD player which is known for bass and
is connected directly to the amp. Any suggestions? Thanx.
ceb222
If what you are looking for is bass, have you considered mating the Maggies with the REL Storm III subwoofer. I have and it is a match made in heaven as far as I'm concerned.

The beauty is that the REL's are one of the few that don't get in the way and can keep up with the Maggies.
I loved the classe amplifiers with the 1.6's. If you are going for just a single amp get the CA-201 as it will have all the power you need. If you want to get more out of your 1.6's, then remove the internal crossover and build a custom line level passive crossover. Then just buy two used CA-100's (about $600 each) and use one per speaker. What you will do is use one channel for the bass panel and the other for the tweeter panel. I did this (but with different amps) and it takes the 1.6's to a level more on par with the 3.6's but with better integration of sound.
I used a Plinius SA100 MKIII with my 1.6s and the bass is hard to beat, addictive really. I would not recommend a subwoofer which would be hard to match with the excellent bass the Maggies already have, if you heard that setup I think you would agree, as it was very balanced and detailed with a beautiful midrange. Some people use 2 SA100s and report it wounds even better and would have all the power you would want.